How to choose best pc/desktop speakers?

IMPERIUS

Hi!

I'm looking into buying some speakers for my pc but I don't know where to start.

From what I heard an amp/dac improoves the sound quality over the on-board mobo sound. Ok so I'll get one for like about 50$, is that enough? How do I even choose which one to get? I can't just read review on every single one of them.

Then there are the speakers. I'm looking to spend abou 150$ on these. Just like with the amp/dac, how do I choose them? How do I know which ones are "good" or "bad"? Reviews aren't too good here, since they don't all have the same other quiptment and maybe they don't know how a "good" speaker in this price range should sound but because this was the best they experienced, they think it's good when it might not be to someone else. I want to have a 2.0 system, someone said that it's better to get bookshelf speakers? What the difference between them and something like the harman/kardon soundsticks 3?

And I'm not an audiophile, I have almost nk experience with high end soundsystems and I'm using my razer electras with a six year old mobo with the on-board sound and I know this isn't very good, but it's ok for me.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Where is here, do you have edifier products.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Where is here, do you have edifier products.

What? No I dont

What? No I dont

not have as in have, do they sell edifier products where you live.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

not have as in have, do they sell edifier products where you live.

Probablly

Probablly

Where do you live and where will you buy, please give me some links.

Spoiler

Where do you live and where will you buy, please give me some links.

I live in slovenia. And I will buy from the shop that has the lowest price on my speakers (when I choose one), probablly in Austria

Microlab Solo 6C is pretty sweet for about 100 euros.

Spoiler

Don't buy a DAC just yet. If your mobo sounds OK, you can keep using it for a while and buy a DAC after you save up some money. As ZetZet suggested, Edifier makes decent speakers for the money. Harman/Kardon soundsticks 3, although they look cool, have horrible build quality and mediocre sound. I've read many different reviews about them since I wanted to buy them myself. Bookshelf speakers usually refer to passive speakers (not amplified, you'l need a dedicated amp for them). Amplified 2.0 speakers (both studio monitors and hi-fi) cost a bit more than 150$, at least the decent ones. 

Sorry I can't give you any concrete recommendations, I'm not familiar enough with the current budget speaker offerings.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Microlab Solo 6C is pretty sweet for about 100 euros.

Is there a noticable difference of the sound quality of the speakers in the same price range?

Don't buy a DAC just yet. If your mobo sounds OK, you can keep using it for a while and buy a DAC after you save up some money. As ZetZet suggested, Edifier makes decent speakers for the money. Harman/Kardon soundsticks 3, although they look cool, have horrible build quality and mediocre sound. I've read many different reviews about them since I wanted to buy them myself. Bookshelf speakers usually refer to passive speakers (not amplified, you'l need a dedicated amp for them). Amplified 2.0 speakers (both studio monitors and hi-fi) cost a bit more than 150$, at least decent ones.

Whats the difference between a studio monitor speaker and a hi-fi?

Whats the difference between a studio monitor speaker and a hi-fi?

Studio monitors are meant to give a very precise sound and are used for music production while hi-fi speakers are meant for home listening and have a more pleasant sound although not as analytical.

Studio monitors are meant to give a very precise sound and are used for music production while hi-fi speakers are meant for home listening and have a more pleasant sound although not as analytical.

Yeah thats not quitehow it works...Good speakers will sound good regardless of the label on them.

Yeah thats not quitehow it works...Good speakers will sound good regardless of the label on them.

There's a reason they are categorized. Studio monitors and hi-fi speakers have different sound signatures. Doesn't mean one is inherently better than the other, it means they are each intended for different uses.

There's a reason they are categorized. Studio monitors and hi-fi speakers have different sound signatures. Doesn't mean one is inherently better than the other, it means they are each intended for different uses.

Nearly completely interchangeable uses.

Nearly completely interchangeable uses.

Which one is better for casual music listening? I dont plan to spend a fortune on speakers and as I said, I'm happy with my old mobo's on-board sound and 50;$ headphones so I bet I will be happy with 150$ speakers

Which one is better for casual music listening? I dont plan to spend a fortune on speakers and as I said, I'm happy with my old mobo's on-board sound and 50;$ headphones so I bet I will be happy with 150$ speakers

Both are solid, I prefer the AV30's.

Indeed. Most people don't find studio monitors nice to listen to compared to 'hi-fi' speakers. Too flat for their liking, most audio products today have some emphasis on the bass region.

Both are solid, I prefer the AV30's.

Why and how did you choose them? See thats my problem, I dont know how to filter out speakers

Why and how did you choose them? See thats my problem, I dont know how to filter out speakers

Reputable company, filled the job I needed. Simple as that.

Reputable company, filled the job I needed. Simple as that.

Do you think I would get that much better sound if I spent 150$ on speakers?

Do you think I would get that much better sound if I spent 150$ on speakers?

Yeah,D1010IV's are nice too, some bookshelves and a Lepia amp. 

They are alright, they are k, they'll do. 

How do you know? Bet you didn't try them yourself.