O-Rings on Cherry Switches

Skyhawk Delta

Has anyone put o-rings on their keyboards?  I know that the Logitech G710+ has them installed by default and that they are available from WASD Keyboards.  If so, did you like them? Not? Did it make typing more comfortable?  I tend to bottom out my keys when typing, and was wondering if it would reduce the "impact" when bottoming out so to speak.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

My brother has the Trigger in browns, and I liked them so I bought the G710+, and INSTANTLY out of the box did not like the feel of them. I took off the o-rings and much preferred that feeling/sound.

I also bottom out keys, and it does slightly reduce the impact when bottoming out, but I just felt that the o-rings made the keys feel "squishy".. not sure if that's the correct term, but that's only way I can explain it.

Keep in mind, before all this I thought o-rings were something I would like, or something that would be cool/nice to have, and part of the reason why I considered the G710+ was because of the o-rings included. I had no idea that o-rings would be something that I would not like.

But of course, only way to truly find out if they're for you is to try them out yourself.

There are different sizes and hardnesses of o-rings. 

Get a Sample pack from WASD first.

I recommend the .2mm (red) o-rings from WASD.  The blue ones, .4mm, take away too much travel and I only found them to be OK with Red switches. 

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

I really don't like orings. I tried them all (WASD sampler kit) on my quickfire TK and I just prefer the feel of the "naked" keycaps, because you feel the bottoming out much more thabn with any orings. The slim red ones give some feedback when bottoming out, but not nearly as much as without any.

Conclusion: If you need the absolute quietest mechanical keyboard get orings(try which suit you best first!), otherwise just stay with no orings.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I really don't like orings. I tried them all (WASD sampler kit) on my quickfire TK and I just prefer the feel of the "naked" keycaps, because you feel the bottoming out much more thabn with any orings. The slim red ones give some feedback when bottoming out, but not nearly as much as without any.

Conclusion: If you need the absolute quietest mechanical keyboard get orings(try which suit you best first!), otherwise just stay with no orings.

Yep, I would only use o-rings if I had to have the keyboard as quiet as possible. otherwise I would just go with no o-rings because I prefer that feel.

And honestly, I like that "clack" sound when bottoming out lol, so obviously o-rings aren't for me.

Also, I don't even think that it's loud enough to be disruptive/annoying, especially when compared to the "click" of the MX Blue switch..

I bought these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051XWXCE/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_SC_dp_1

I used them for a month or 2.

I wanted to reduce the throw of the switches, and they did that; but they made bottoming out mushy, and I have no reason to keep my keyboard noise down.

if people are complaining about the noise of your keyboard they do quiet it down a bit, and it does still feel better than a membrane keyboard.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I bought these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051XWXCE/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_SC_dp_1

I used them for a month or 2.

I wanted to reduce the throw of the switches, and they did that; but they made bottoming out mushy, and I have no reason to keep my keyboard noise down.

if people are complaining about the noise of your keyboard they do quiet it down a bit, and it does still feel better than a membrane keyboard.

WASD's .4mm Black ones are a bit on the firmer side, they'll get you what you're looking for without feeling too mushy.  I've used all three of theirs and that one is their firmest.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps