usb 3.0 keeps my mouse on when computer is turned off

pvknbd

When I have my steelseries sensei frost blue plugged into the usb 3.0 port it works fine and all but when i go to shut down my pc it turns off for a second then turns on and stays on the entire day or until i unplug it and plug it back in and if i dont unplug it and plug it back in and turn my computer on the mouse turns off and doesnt work and when i put it into the usb 2.0 it turns off like it should when i shut down my pc and turns on when i turn my pc on but the mouse just moves so choppy and laggy so i have to have it plugged into the usb 3.0 so i was wondering if there was a way to to fix this

First thing to check is that your USB drivers are all up to date, these are easiest to find on the manufacturers website (mobo). Next I'd look at whether you have a fast charge/extra powered usb function used for charging/power devices regardless of computer state. These are common and can usually be turned off in the UEFI/BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Are you using a laptop with a USB 3 always on port meant for device charging?

Are you using a laptop with a USB 3 always on port meant for device charging?

no desktop is there a way to disable the device charging thing?

no desktop is there a way to disable the device charging thing?

Perhaps look into the Bios to see if it is there.  Is the port a different color or specially marked?

Perhaps look into the Bios to see if it is there.  Is the port a different color or specially marked?

well its blue so i assume thats means its 3.0

well its blue so i assume thats means its 3.0

It does, but usually always on ports have additional markings, such as being yellow, having a lightning bolt next to them, or some other visual identifier.  

It does, but usually always on ports have additional markings, such as being yellow, having a lightning bolt next to them, or some other visual identifier.  

this is how it looks like the white usb cord is my mouse

UpkARLS.jpg

I checked the BIOS couldnt really find anything that refered to like keep usb powered when computer is off sort of deal

I have this problem too, but only when the mouse is clicked. So the PC will turn off, the mouse will too. If the mouse is clicked it gets power.

I'm not really fussed about it but it's strange none the less.

I'm will to bet that you have an MSI mobo judging by the SS and usb symbol above the port. That port is made to provide continuous power when the pc is powered off so you can still charge other devices. If that is an MSI board look into the supercharger utility or use a different USB port that doesn't have an SS next to it.

I'm will to bet that you have an MSI mobo judging by the SS and usb symbol above the port. That port is made to provide continuous power when the pc is powered off so you can still charge other devices. If that is an MSI board look into the supercharger utility or use a different USB port that doesn't have an SS next to it.

I second to this. Since its mouse, it doesn't matter whether you use USB2 or 3 ports. Mice don't gain anything from faster speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv