Maximus VII Ranger

Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4gb 1600mhz

CM Hyper212 evo

Samsung 840 Evo 250gb

MSI GTX 970

EVGA SuperNova 750 G2

Fractal Design Define R5

With my monitor: Dell U2414h

I get loads of tearing in games. A few I will mention is Payday 2 and CSGO and Battlefield 4 and The Crew, but pretty much all games tear. I am guessing this is because I run over 60fps and don't enable VSync, well Vsync introduces alot of input lag, which really lowers my accuracy since it feels like the mouse is a rubber band. Is there a way to fix this problem without enabling VSync? I've tried limiting the game to 60fps without vsync which doesn't help at all. Doing it below 60fps also has alot of tearing.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

You shouldn't be getting tearing in The Crew as it's locked at 30/60 fps, can you confirm that it is?

You shouldn't be getting tearing in The Crew as it's locked at 30/60 fps, can you confirm that it is?

Well, I am getting the tearing in The Crew, and just like the other games, lots of input lag from vsync. Is this confirmation enough? I just played it.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

illuminati confirmed.

-play a bit with the monitor settings search for words like "tearing" "response" "gaming mode" 

gsync :]

400$+

idk :/

I might get Gsync... in a couple of years when they don't charge me that much. Its too damn expensive, triple monitor would be cheaper.

gsync :]

400$+

idk :/

Thats what i thought lol 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Well, I am getting the tearing in The Crew, and just like the other games, lots of input lag from vsync. Is this confirmation enough? I just played it.

That is not supposed to happen on a game that's frame rate locked. Try reinstalling your drivers.

That is not supposed to happen on a game that's frame rate locked. Try reinstalling your drivers.

Will do, but will probably not help. I am on beta drivers, Maybe i should roll back? btw how do i roll back drivers, just uninstall it like nobodys business and then find old driver download?

Will do, but will probably not help. I am on beta drivers, Maybe i should roll back? btw how do i roll back drivers, just uninstall it like nobodys business and then find old driver download?

You cant, unless u do the good old uninstall and reinstall 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Tried reverting back to the latest recommended driver. Still loads of tearing in Payday2, haven't tried the other games yet.

The Crew has the same tearing problems still. Help :)

Yup

Maybe enable all the resolution options under DSR in Nvidia Control Panel / Manage my 3D settings. Run PayDay 2 and select a resolution above 1920 x 1080p+ from the list to make Geforce downsample your games. Keep going towards 3840 x 2160p until you hit one that keeps your fps around ~60.

Payday and CSGO are quite easy games to run. I still get tearing, even at 4k.

Payday and CSGO are quite easy games to run. I still get tearing, even at 4k.

Starting to run out of options.

1) If it isn't, check to see if the power plan for the GPU in NVIDIA control panel is set to adaptive. I don't think will help but not like there is too many other options. Maybe the GPU won't run at full power when it sees it is wasting frames but I don't think it will happen.

2) Under vsync in manage my 3D settings in the NVIDIA control panel see if on (smooth) or adaptive have less issues for you than normal vsync.

3) Turn absolutely everything related to quality vs performance in the Nvidia manage my 3d settings to quality. 

4) Underclock your card before playing either of those two games? Maybe someone in the forums knows of a program that will let you make clock profiles based on the game running.

5) New Gsync monitor

1) Is already on adaptive

2) Adaptive vsync is just as laggy, as it turns vsync on when i get higher than 60fps. Crazy amount of input lag.

3) Already did

4) Honestly, i wont bother with that.

5) It is quite expensive. Will only do so if it goes on huge sale, or if 4k 120hz with gsync exists at a fair price.

Apparently, tearing is more noticeable when fps can be divided in multiples of 2 from your refresh rate, cause the tear would always be on the same spot. So for a 60 Hz monitor that would be every 15 fps (60/2/2). So you could try limiting your fps to something like 58 or 62 fps and see if the tearing is less noticeable that way. Haven't tested this myself but you seem eager for a solution, so an extra option can't hurt right ? ^^

Apparently, tearing is more noticeable when fps can be divided in multiples of 2 from your refresh rate, cause the tear would always be on the same spot. So for a 60 Hz monitor that would be every 15 fps (60/2/2). So you could try limiting your fps to something like 58 or 62 fps and see if the tearing is less noticeable that way. Haven't tested this myself but you seem eager for a solution, so an extra option can't hurt right ? ^^

Will only try it in CSGO, trying out both 58 and 62. Will return with the results asap.

Edit:

Results - kind of what I expected. Terrible tearing again :(

Will only try it in CSGO, trying out both 58 and 62. Will return with the results asap.

Edit:

Results - kind of what I expected. Terrible tearing again :(

In the NVIDIA control panel, do you force triple buffering on when you also turn on vsync?

In the NVIDIA control panel, do you force triple buffering on when you also turn on vsync?

Yes, may try normal vsync with triple buffering

Not as bad with triple buffering, but still not good enough for fps games.

Not as bad with triple buffering, but still not good enough for fps games.

Does your monitor have any sort of motion enhancement setting? My TV had visual anomalies that looked similar until I turned off frame interpolation. 

I have some DDC/CI enabled, i also have some LCD Conditioning disabled.