Any advice for my first time PC build?

Cameronazzi

Hello everyone!

Okay, so around mid-2015 (July time, after my exams) I'm going to be building my first PC and I was wondering if you guys had any advice in general...

What do you all think to my plan for a first build?

Also, I am interested in what I need to build the PC in terms of equipment, will just a Phillips screwdriver do, or do I need anti-static and the like?

And feel free to offer any other feedback or share your thoughts.

For anyone interested, here is the build in question:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR-1600

Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x 2GB

Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze

To ensure I see your reply, quote my post.

Got any questions? Send me a message.

I would add an ssd to this

Workstation:
Intel Core i7 5820k @ 4.4Ghz, Asus Rampage V Extreme, 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400 DDR4,2 x Nvidia 980 Gtx Reference Cards in Sli,
1TB - 4 x 250Gb Samsung Evo 840 Raid 0, Corsair AX1200i, Lian Li PC-D600 Silver.

A phillips screwdriver and a clean work area is pretty much all you need. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Firstly, happy new year to all!

Okay, so soon into 2015 I'm going to be building my first PC and I was wondering if you guys had any advice in general. Also, I am interested in what I need to build the PC in terms of equipment, will just a Phillips screwdriver do, or do I need anti-static and the like? And feel free to offer any other feedback or share your thoughts.

my first piece of advice would be ... ENJOY it, PC building is great fun so dont be afraid, just follow your favourite guides and always read the manuals if you are in doubt.

Personally I have never used antistatic wrist bands, but they cant do any harm, and have only ever needed a philipshead unless you are doing something more mod-like to the case.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Just take your time, do everything proper and start Cable management right at the beginning :D. Warning it is highly addictive!!!

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Thank you guys all so much! It sounds like good fun and I'm now looking forward to it more!

This has certainly settled my concerns, it initially seemed quite daunting.

To ensure I see your reply, quote my post.

Got any questions? Send me a message.