Microsoft to replace Internet Explorer in Windows 10

ImBleu

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/microsoft-may-launch-a-new-web-browser-for-windows-10/

Source 2: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/microsoft-could-change-internet-explorer-name-to-bury-reputation/

It is alleged that Microsoft is working on a new web browser to accompany Windows 10 in 2015. The current project codename is 'Spartan' and will mark the end of Internet Explorer that we've all known (and for the most part hated) since it's introduction early into Microsoft's Windows OS history. 

This isn't the first time we've heard rumours of Microsoft moving away from IE as during a AMA in August an IE engineer said the company has internally debated moving away from Internet explorer due to all the negative perceptions that 'no longer reflect the browser today'.

There are currently no known names for the IE successor, but It might stay as Spartan (the internal project name) which I think would fit nicely with their other Halo-inspired concepts like Cortana.

According to Netapp, IE still has a large share of web users, but this is mainly from older versions of the browser on older machines.

internetexplorer6rip.jpg

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'm happy to see them making something better, but rip :(

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Isn't this a double post? And it will be good to see the POS (version 6 is the only exception I've seen-not tabbed but insane loading speeds) browser replaced, the amount of issues they have with it is unbelievable.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

^Same here, chrome still has issues, and I can use all of my firefox addons on all versions. (Plus FF lets me stop FB from tracking the sites I visit).

PMSL

Good news, Win 10 tech preview uses bing for the search function, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about what they replace it with.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Good news, Win 10 tech preview uses bing for the search function, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about what they replace it with.

Bing apparently is in a round-about way google search, so its not really a big deal.

PMSL

post-45390-0-44877000-1420011030.png

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Damn. I like that it's called IE because the name actually makes sense relative to the task at hand.  I mean how the hell does Chrome or Dolphin make any sense at all?

Damn. I like that it's called IE because the name actually makes sense relative to the task at hand.  I mean how the hell does Chrome or Dolphin make any sense at all?

Good point. Maybe you should consult your Fire fox for more information ;)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

FUCK YEAH. NO MORE SIGNS OF THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

But it better not hog ram like FF or Chrome.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

just give me a version of chrome with all the google integration removed. a better favourites system. well optimised and everyone will be happy

just give me a version of chrome with all the google integration removed. a better favourites system. well optimised and everyone will be happy

Also uses less ram, like the current IE.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Maybe it will be super light weight. Chrome has gotten pretty clunky over the years. I've heard that IE has improved quite a bit, but mine just crashes after I open it so it's not any better for me.