The Title Says it all. What do you think of Windows 10? Do you like it? Do you not like it? Are their any features you are excited about? Will you upgrade to Windows 10 when it is released?

whatdoyouthinkwin10.png

windows10-logo-750x400.jpg

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I like the idea. I like windows 8.1 already.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I hope it'll be free for 8 & 8.1 users.

I hope it is. I know some people who really struggle with Windows 8 and they refuse to pay for a new operating system which is fair to say because they did just spend money on a new laptop. Why should they have to pay?

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I like the idea. I like windows 8.1 already.

It's like Windows 8 and Windows 7 mashed together. Which in my opinion is the best of both worlds. I mean the Ease of Use on Windows 7 and the amount of new features on Windows 8 in one operating system.

I think they just tried to make windows 8.1 more like 7. However the Metro is still there which is just ghastly

Would you prefer Aero? I would as well.

I don't have a problem with Windows 8.1, especially if I have my Start8 installed, the OS is perfect imo. If Windows 10 is more of the same I will be very pleased. I can't wait to install the preview on my primary rig once I receive my motherboard after new years eve. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

i think i want it for a free

Yes, I know someone who really struggles with Windows 8 but refuses to pay for a different operating system to be installed. Which is fair enough considering they just spent a lot of money on the laptop in the first place.

Is their any features you really like or dislike???

Like the start menu. The virtual desktops is nice (Use it in linux all the time), and it looks good. Things I don't like include, not KILLING the settings and metro apps for the desktop apps and control panel. Performance isn't great, it takes a long time to do things like opening programs from the start menu, searching, things like that. I do notice high idle cpu and ram usage.

I don't have a problem with Windows 8.1, especially if I have my Start8 installed, the OS is perfect imo. If Windows 10 is more of the same I will be very pleased. I can't wait to install the preview on my primary rig once I receive my motherboard after new years eve. 

That's one of the features I am looking forward to, the return of the Start Menu, I would prefer that to having to install a program like Start8. I'm really curious to see how Windows 10 turns out.

Like the start menu. The virtual desktops is nice (Use it in linux all the time), and it looks good. Things I don't like include, not KILLING the settings and metro apps for the desktop apps and control panel. Performance isn't great, it takes a long time to do things like opening programs from the start menu, searching, things like that. I do notice high idle cpu and ram usage.

They have time to improve on performance. So hopefully they do. I'm with you on the Metro thing. I would prefer they just go back to Aero.

MultiQuote is a thing fyi.

Do you just click on 'MultiQuote' for each post you wanna quote and then you can type your message below? Sorry, I am new to using Forums.

They have time to improve on performance. So hopefully they do. I'm with you on the Metro thing. I would prefer they just go back to Aero.

YES. 

Go to aero and up the performance. 

Do you just click on 'MultiQuote' for each post you wanna quote and then you can type your message below? Sorry, I am new to using Forums.

Yes, exactly.

MultiQuote is a thing fyi.

Sorry, didn't know. I'm new to the whole forum thing, I only signed up last week. :)

YES. 

Go to aero and up the performance. 

That would be awesome. What do you think of Windows looking more into user feedback? Throughout Microsoft's history they have been known for not making it easy to submit feedback of any kind.

Yes, exactly.

I see. I will use that from now on. I'm gonna use it now.

That would be awesome. What do you think of Windows looking more into user feedback? Throughout Microsoft's history they have been known for not making it easy to submit feedback of any kind.

I like it. The way to make people happy is to give them what they want, not what you think they want.

I like it. The way to make people happy is to give them what they want, not what you think they want.

Cool. Microsoft has been doing a lot of lay offs recently. Hopefully, the smaller number of staff members does not affect Windows 10 in any way. I like the Surface Tablets. However, the desktop experience feels weird to use on a tablet. Do you think they will try and integrate Windows 10 into their surface tablets? 

Cool. Microsoft has been doing a lot of lay offs recently. Hopefully, the smaller number of staff members does not affect Windows 10 in any way. I like the Surface Tablets. However, the desktop experience feels weird to use on a tablet. Do you think they will try and integrate Windows 10 into their surface tablets? 

Yes I do. I want a windows 8 like thing for tablets and phones, and a windows 7 like desktop. You should be able to switch between them with the click of a software or hardware button. 

For example, on the surface or other 2 in one things, have  a button that switches it or a sensor so when the keyboard is plugged in it switches it.

Yes I do. I want a windows 8 like thing for tablets and phones, and a windows 7 like desktop. You should be able to switch between them with the click of a software or hardware button. 

For example, on the surface or other 2 in one things, have  a button that switches it or a sensor so when the keyboard is plugged in it switches it.

Yeah I liked that.