Performance difference between GTX 970

Bupstrack

Okay... main question would if  ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P is a good card, with no problems, temps. And the other one, the FPS difference with this card and Gigabyte G1, but i would also want to know if for about 86 US$ more it's worth to go for the Gigabyte G1 model.

My country price: (With a dolar of 11,50)

GTX 970 Gigabyte G1: $6500 = US$ 565
GTX 970 Zotac: $5500 = US$ 478

Worth it?

-snip-

linus made a video about the zotac card, check it out here: 

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

usualy the performance difference between different cards of the same GPU is rather minor in the grand scheme of things if you're overclocking

linus made a video about the zotac card, check it out here: 

Yes, i saw it, but the model i'm asking for is like the "reference" zotac, and it isn't on that video.

Yes, i saw it, but the model i'm asking for is like the "reference" zotac, and it isn't on that video.

oops, well as said above the difference will be small because the 900 series are great overclockers, get the zotac

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

There's a problem with the Zotac Software if you overclock your card too high. Search for it, you'll find tons of thread about it.

There's a problem with the Zotac Software if you overclock your card too high. Search for it, you'll find tons of thread about it.

Also look @5:15 on Linus's video.

oops, well as said above the difference will be small because the 900 series are great overclockers, get the zotac

NO, DON'T DO IT. This particular model of Zotac has thermal problems. For instance, take a look at this comparison of the Zotac VS G1. There is about a 5fps difference. You might be tempted to say "let's just OC the zotac, then", but take a look at the very last graph, and compare temps. So.... yeah....

Although 86$ is quite a lot of money. Let me ask you how much these models cost:

1. Gigabyte Windforce. It is NOT the g1 model, it's the regular windforce
  2. Msi gaming 4g

These tend to be better choices than the g1.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

NO, DON'T DO IT. This particular model of Zotac has thermal problems. For instance, take a look at this comparison of the Zotac VS G1. There is about a 5fps difference. You might be tempted to say "let's just OC the zotac, then", but take a look at the very last graph, and compare temps. So.... yeah....

Although 86$ is quite a lot of money. Let me ask you how much these models cost:

1. Gigabyte Windforce. It is NOT the g1 model, it's the regular windforce
  2. Msi gaming 4g

I think the G1 is actually better than the windforce model.

I can back up the msi gaming 4g, that's my current graphics card and it's awesome but the G1 is probably a little better.

I'd say if you can manage to get one of these cards go for the msi card if you care about technology like zero frozr if you want a better cooler go for the G1.

These tend to be better choices than the g1.

I think the G1 is actually better than the windforce model.

I can back up the msi gaming 4g, that's my current graphics card and it's awesome but the G1 is probably a little better.

I'd say if you can manage to get one of these cards go for the msi card if you care about technology like zero frozr if you want a better cooler go for the G1.

Thankfully, my card is NEVER at idle, so I really didn't care about 0db features. And I live in a 30~35ºC ambient, so I need a good cooler.

Picking my model was really a no brainer.....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Thankfully, my card is NEVER at idle, so I really didn't care about 0db features. And I live in a 30~35ºC ambient, so I need a good cooler.

Picking my model was really a no brainer.....

Dude it's 31°c where i live now and my msi gtx 970 with fans turned off is at 48°c pretty good imo. I'm really happy with this card.

Dude it's 31°c where i live now and my msi gtx 970 with fans turned off is at 48°c pretty good imo. I'm really happy with this card.

Is your card running at 98%, 1.4ghz 24/7 right now? If it is, I guess MSI is making magic happen.