1080p 30 fps budget pc.

Pandacake
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

Pentium AE > i3

860k > i3

FX 6300 > i3

Pentium is better, if there weren't the 4 core ban.

860K is not better in any way shape or form even on LN2 cooling.

FX 6300 is also not better because in order to win out versus i3 you need much more expensive supporting hardware - decent mobo + cooler.

i3+h81 is the sensible option for budget pc, all the orther ones have some kind of advantage or a drawback where as i3 is perfectly balanced.

@ZetZet which i3 you think i should buy?

@Speedbird well i want atleast 30 fps, so higher fps wont hurt xD.

@Revel  :P

Well the i3 is still dual core. Will it run fc4, aw, and all those games with minimal req of 4 cores?

Yes, it will run those games, the cheapest one, like i3 4150.

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a budget pc gaming at 1080p and atleast 30 fps on nextgen games.

Heres where ive been so far:

Cpu: Intel G3258 ( planning to oc to 4,2ghz )

Mobo: G1 sniper b5 ( i wish i can find a cheaper yet sexy like the b5.)

Ram: 2x 4GB Crucial ballistix

Gpu: R9 270/R9 280 ( still cant decide)

Monitor: lg l22Mp55hq-p

Case: CM N300

Psu: Cm Gm 550w

I have my old hdd and optical drives so no need for upgrade.

My goal is to build a pc that can plays nextgen games 30 fps on 1080p.

I know the cpu will bottleneck but i cant afford an i5.

I prefer the g3258 over the fx series so i can upgrade to i5 if the g3258 dies.

Feel free to share your opinion.

Thanks.

Edit: i live in europe, and some parts are a bit more expensive than any other region.

I'd probably swap mobo if you're gonna overclock down the line when switching to an i5, or you can get that one and buy a i5 4460 when you have the money.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

Don't buy sexy mobo, get a simple one like H81M-HDS and an i3. Pentium has only two cores and some games block dual cores.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

270 and 280 will do way better than 30fps. Just saying.

Thanks, im just afraid that the cpu will bottleneck the gpu very hard. I think im going for the 270. Any reason why i should get the 280?

Dont get the pentium, I would get the AMD Athlon X4 760k. The pentium might perform just as well, but it would be better to have a quad core. (some games dont even support dual cores)

:)

Thanks for the replies guys, this helped me alot ;)

@ZetZet last time i checked, the i3 have dual core aswell. Yeah i might reconsider buying a cheaper mobo.

@fero2 tthanks ;)

@Revel thanks, yeah ive seen people posting on youtube that the g3258 will bottlneck r9 280.

Thanks for the replies guys, this helped me alot ;)

@ZetZet last time i checked, the i3 have dual core aswell. Yeah i might reconsider buying a cheaper mobo.

@fero2 tthanks ;)

@Revel thanks, yeah ive seen people posting on youtube that the g3258 will bottlneck r9 280.

i3 is 4 threaded so it runs all the 4 core restricted games.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Thanks, yeah ive seen people posting on youtube that the g3258 will bottlneck r9 280.

Oh my bad man, didn't see the 280. Just saw the 270 :P

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

Dont get the pentium, I would get the AMD Athlon X4 760k. The pentium might perform just as well, but it would be better to have a quad core. (some games dont even support dual cores)

:)

Yeah, but if im going to upgrade my cpu itll be stupid because then i will spend out around 200. But the 860k will do the job if i wont upgrade for around 4-5 years right?

@Revel :P

Well the i3 is still dual core. Will it run fc4, aw, and all those games with minimal req of 4 cores?

Ignore the i3 suggestions, please.

Pentium AE > i3

860k > i3

FX 6300 > i3

all 3 cheaper, & just as fast or faster.

then again... I'm an overclocking fangirl....

and somewhat of an AMD fangirl...

But anyway.

a 270 will give you 1080P 45FPS, by the way

I'd personally go for 900P 60FPS.

then again... I got twitchy eyes... Ugh... Crysis @ 22FPS... WHY?

Just ignore me now.... lol

Yeah....

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Pentium AE > i3

860k > i3

FX 6300 > i3

FX 6300 is also not better because in order to win out versus i3 you need much more expensive supporting hardware - decent mobo + cooler.

i3+h81 is the sensible option for budget pc, all the orther ones have some kind of advantage or a drawback where as i3 is perfectly balanced.

@Revel  :P

Spoiler

Oh also just saying that that G3258 could overclock on a potato if you needed it to. It breaks just about every habit of Intel's for years, in a good way.

And in gaming it is very good... when it works. And the reasons it might not work are shitty oversights and poor optimisations. Far Cry 4 doesn't even use more than one core, yet just does not start on less than a quad core (or i3) due to artificial limitations. This isn't a limitation of the CPU, but bullshit pulled by companies like Ubisoft.

Theres ways to get around it. Its a software limitations on the game not a hardware one

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Theres ways to get around it. Its a software limitations on the game not a hardware one

Yes, probably, there always comes a patch, now, what if next ubishit game won't have a way to get around it like the insane drm they put on their games.

Spoiler

Thanks guys and girl...

I think ill stay put or the i3 + mobo.

One more question. Is there any unlocked i3 cpu? If not ill just stick with the G3258 ^_^

Thanks guys, this make me a lot comfortable. I was really scared if the G3258 will keep up with the gpu or it will fry in months. Hope i can play gta 5 and i cany wait for overwatch and the division!!!!!one11!eleven.

Thanks guys and girl...

I think ill stay put or the i3 + mobo.

One more question. Is there any unlocked i3 cpu? If not ill just stick with the G3258 ^_^

Thanks guys, this make me a lot comfortable. I was really scared if the G3258 will keep up with the gpu or it will fry in months. Hope i can play gta 5 and i cany wait for overwatch and the division!!!!!one11!eleven.

Nope. The G3258 is the first unlocked CPU before you get to the most expensive i5s.

@othertomperson thanks.

Okay sorry but i have one more question. I just found a r9 280x for a really cheap price. Should i get it? I'm planning to cmbine this with the g3258. What do you guys think?

Thank you.

@othertomperson thanks.

Okay sorry but i have one more question. I just found a r9 280x for a really cheap price. Should i get it? I'm planning to cmbine this with the g3258. What do you guys think?

Thank you.

Uh yes! That'll really blow your original aspirations for this build out of the water :)

Uh yes! That'll really blow your original aspirations for this build out of the water :)

ohh thanks, im ordering the 280x right now.

To my knowledge there is no i3 with an unlocked multiplier. :( just stick with the Pentium. but great budget build anyways.

CPU: i7 3770k @4.0 GHz - Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V - Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 680 4GB - RAM: 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX Low Profil RAM (DDR3) - PSU: XFX Pro 850W -Storage: 850Pro + some old HDDs - Case: Sharkoon T28