Which GTX 980

Aetohatir

Heyho techtipers

I'll upgrade my computer in January with a GTX 980 and I was wondering what's the best version I could get? 

I'm not in the loop of GPU coolers at the moment and so I was wondering of some of you could help. I want at least two DVI and two HDMI any display ports are obviously also nice. Aside from the ports silence at idle is very important to me. Ideally something passively cooled at idle. My case is VERY well ventilated to that shouldn't be the issue. Looks aren't an issue but please only dual slot no triple slot card. 

If one of you knows anything please tell me I'd appreciate it. 

Asus strix, of the evga acx 2.0 look like the right kind of card for you

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Strix FTW

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

@Aetohatir

It sounds like the Strix is going to be your best bet as it is passively cooled. You will have to use some adapters to get the I/O you want though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Asus' Strix or MSI's twin Frozr, both have semi passive cooling as well as the newer I/O layout but a few adapters can fix that.