Ever had issues selling on ebay

docterkiwi

So i sold some paintball gear on ebay for about 640 bucks. Now i've sold alot of stuff on ebay up to 200 dollars and i always to make sure i give the buyer enough info. Now heres where my story begins. The guy buys the gun now then starts asking questions that i clearly answered in the discription and that could be answered by looking at the pictures. And now after answering his annoying questions very profesionally he wont respond to my invoice, or messages and i've waited all day. Now i pretty much wasted 4 days of my time. #rant

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Ive never had a problem selling on eBay. If you run into someone like that, just kindly answer their questions and move on.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Ive never had a problem selling on eBay. If you run into someone like that, just kindly answer their questions and move on.

Thats what i was doing but now he bought the gun but hasnt paid the invoice so after all that i have to re list the gun

Thats what i was doing but now he bought the gun but hasnt paid the invoice so after all that i have to re list the gun

Give him 3 days then report him for not paying. 

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Ughhh good idea

Ughhh good idea

eBay will take care of all the messy details. Just do your part as a buyer, give him 3 days, and if he fails to pay, report him to eBay. If you want the process to be taken care of very quickly, call eBay. The people who work their will be more then happy to quickly take care of your issue, because they really dont give two fucks.

Ughhh good idea

Yeah, 48 or 72 hours are the usual time limits set for payments by most sellers on eBay. Some sellers may go up to 7 days for more expensive items. In fact, most large stores on eBay clearly say that on a Payment section in their listing.

If he doesn't respond or pay within 2 or 3 days of pressing the buy it now button, file a case for non payment and re-list.

Also, $650 is a lot of money, so to minimize risk of being scammed, take lots of pictures and meticulously record everything you can such as serial numbers, cosmetic defects, parts, functionality, etc. because unfortunately, eBay is biased towards the buyer, rather than the seller, so it is very easy to be scammed by a buyer with reporting items DOA, returning different/damaged products (which is why serial numbers are important), etc.

Yeah, 48 or 72 hours are the usual time limits set for payments by most sellers on eBay. Some sellers may go up to 7 days for more expensive items. In fact, most large stores on eBay clearly say that on a Payment section in their listing.If he doesn't respond or pay within 2 or 3 days of pressing the buy it now button, file a case for non payment and re-list.Also, $650 is a lot of money, so to minimize risk of being scammed, take lots of pictures and meticulously record everything you can such as serial numbers, cosmetic defects, parts, functionality, etc. because unfortunately, eBay is biased towards the buyer, rather than the seller, so it is very easy to be scammed by a buyer with reporting items DOA, returning different/damaged products (which is why serial numbers are important), etc.

Gotcha

I sold a Blackberry on eBay once and received payment and everything. Sent out the item and like a week after they received it I got an email saying it it was defective. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and refunded the money and asked for the item back. They sent it back and it was definitely damages, but it was damaged in a way that was most likely caused by the buyer at some point. I had to re-list the item with the new defect and got a considerable amount less for it.