Who ownes an Optical Drive?

Geekazoid

Added an additional poll to see if you have an Optical Drive. Do you actually use it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys just thought I'd start this topic because it'd be interesting to see how many people do/don't have Optical Drives.

They've seem to become an optional component rather than a neccesary one considering you can do most things online.

I've added a poll to see how many yes and nos we get.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ PLEASE NOTE:

To keep this post safe for kids to see would you please mind removing and avoiding the use of any harsh profanities. Words like "crap" would be fine but the words that rhyme with spit and duck could you please avoid using. This is just a simple request that I hope can be taken into account when posting under this topic.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have one in my Pc... haven't used it in about a year or so...

I do

They are convenient

I'm not a huge fan of people trying to get rid of them as it is just convenient

But I like to fill my bays with useless shit that makes it look cool afterall lol

Fan controlllers, LED optical drives, blahblah

xD 

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Yeah, they're like £10 so why not in a full sized build?

Yup, I have a blu-ray. So I can copy my blu-ray content  ^_^

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Got one as well, it's pretty cheap so why not?

I do

They are convenient

I'm not a huge fan of people trying to get rid of them as it is just convenient

But I like to fill my bays with useless shit that makes it look cool afterall lol

Fan controlllers, LED optical drives, blahblah

xD 

that font....it's like noctuas obnoxious "chocolate" brown,you look at it and you think

"that brown fan,it's a noctua"

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Im not getting it for my next build, ill just recycle so i dont have to worry about it and spend more money furthermore it looks ugly.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have DVD drive for my computer but its not in my rig as I don't use that much these day's, tend to use a portable dvd drive when we need to use one for installing stuff, most driver's/programs and games are now downloaded, its just easier.

Cry Havoc!

that font....it's like noctuas obnoxious "chocolate" brown,you look at it and you think

"that brown fan,it's a noctua"

I fucking love how noctuas look ^_^

and Courier New is my favorite font 

I own several but I don't use them.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

I have a Optical in every computer.

I happen to have lot's of optical media, like some games and music. I don't think I will be getting rid of them in the next maybe 10 years

I fucking love how noctuas look ^_^

and Courier New is my favorite font 

Courier New is not the problem. The colour is.

I have a Optical in every computer.

I happen to have lot's of optical media, like some games and music. I don't think I will be getting rid of them in the next maybe 10 years

Courier New is not the problem. The colour is.

Wrong color babe. :3

I only use an optical drive about 1% of the amount of time that I am on my PC but it would be such a pain in the ass to not have an optical drive that it is still an invaluable piece of hardware (for the average user). 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Wrong color babe. :3

I am having a hard time figuring it out. Somehow I think It is one of the non-defaults. That one is close.

i have one just for the rare times i need to use them. I also have a floppy drive for the same reason.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I am having a hard time figuring it out. Somehow I think It is one of the non-defaults. That one is close.

Seeing as you are not a typical dunce and know how to toggle bbcode show/hide

I can't give you any extra credit ^_^

Would have been a fun challenge if you did anything though  :lol: