Google using too much memory

GumbyCubed

Hey guys, recently my Google (or rather Chrome), has been all over the place. I can't seem to watch my anime in peace as every time i try after a certain amount of time, the memory usage spikes up. At first i thought that it was just Google it self but it appears to be a mixture of both chrome and shockwave flash. while watching it i only have one tab open, and usually nothing else in the back ground. After about 10 mins or so the usage spikes up to about 500 Mb for the tab process and anywhere from 1 to 3 gigs for shockwave flash depending on how long i stay on. This problem is relatively new and started happening about a day or 2 ago. I can't seem to find answers anywhere else so I've come here. 

Please help, all i want to do is happily binge watch some subbed Japanese goodness. and BTW i have 16 gigs of ram, so its not really a problem to programs in the background just Google is really slow, but I've gotten too attached and can't use anything else, and windows 7 home premium.    

close tabs ?

remove toolbars ?

remove plugins ?

remove adblock ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Windows 8.1? If so, I had that same problem. Not only Google though! My entire system was always utilizing about 90% of my total memory! I wish I could help but neither me or anybody I asked could help. I ended up just un-installing 8.1 and getting 7 again.

This kind of situation can happen a lot as things are updated, toolbars and plugins are added etc.

If you've had updates run recently you can try to uninstall some and see if performance returns to previous levels and go from there.

Other than my web development this one another major reason I already have firefox installed as well as big brother chrome, when one starts acting up I will flip over to the other one.

Do you see this only when Shockwave is used? You can try uninstalling Shockwave and re-installing it and see if that helps.

Happened to me too, chrome was using almost 15 processes. I had disabled all 3rd party extensions and add ons. For now I'm using IE which actually takes only 1 second to launch, compared to chrome which takes almost 6 seconds. Changed the homepage and search provider to google, and I'm a happy man again

This is common. 
While watching a youtube video that (before uploaded) is 2 gigs, my RAM usage for that tab goes to anywhere from 1-2 gigs. 
When i watch the WAN Show, that tab will eat RAM etc.

Oddly enough, watching netflix (silverlight) does not do the same thing. 

The only thing you can do is re install chrome/shockwave/flash and hope it fixes it (even a re install did not for me) and then sit quietly and wait for an update.

Also remove any plugins and toolbars, and get adblock because those ads are a big part of the RAM usage. 

Notice: http://gyazo.com/92e06096b71ba4f3da61124d567571e7
All those ads are why i use adblock on youtube

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

So i updated everything. I tried watching it with and without ad block and such without much of an improvement. I let it run for a while longer (around half an hour) and hit a new record of 4 gigs of combined usage between both Shockwave flash and chrome. Yay. so now ive started using Firefox... and it has the same problem. the browser process itself is using around 230 MB. its beating chrome there, but the flash player process shows that its using 1.3 gigs right now. looks like i might have to switch to IE, but i'll keep searching around for an answer.