GTX meaning

Cats can use computers

guessing its something like ATX(Advanced Technology Xpanded) so GTX( Graphics Technology Xpanded) 

Nice answer, even if it's not true. Its the best explanation so far. Do youu work for NVidia?  :P

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

The 1960's Plymouth GTX stood for the Gran Tourismo Luxury (or Gran Tourissimo Extraordinare).

During that time a lot of muscle cars had various designations like GT, GTO, GTS, SS, etc... My best guess is that nVidia's marketing department is made up of old school sports car lovers.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It sounds powerful and cool to say. GTX. That's all there is to it. Like Radeon. Radeon doesn't really mean anything other than being a synonym for ATi. (I say ATi because it was ATi who coined it.) it just sounds kickass whilst not necessarily being that kickass.

Good things Xmas

Graphic Technology eXperience haha. That is my best drunken guess.

Halfbreed

Like car it usually means it has something extra under the hood to the consumers.

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

As was already mentioned by Jarsky, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated from the different car "labels" (GT, GTS, GT-X). In reality it probably has no meaning.