Razer Blackwidow Chroma or Logitech G910 Orion Spark?

Wind1000100

I am trying to decide between these two keyboards:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1002&products_id=29478

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_999&products_id=29401

If anyone has or has used the Orion Spark, I'd like to know how it's been, and also one extra question - how do those angled key-caps feel? I personally struggle to imagine it - it seems like it would feel nice, but it could be annoying, and I'd just like to know how they have been.

If anyone has any other information for me, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks.

EDIT: I have now had my Logitech G910 Orion Spark for four days, and it is AMAZING - I love it!

I'm here to learn and help others!

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1002&products_id=29478

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_999&products_id=29401

If anyone has or has used the Orion Spark, I'd like to know how it's been, and also one extra question - how do those angled key-caps feel? I personally struggle to imagine it - it seems like it would feel nice, but it could be annoying, and I'd just like to know how they have been.

Thanks.

The G910 is my least favorite keyboard ever. The Razer keyboard is better of these two but has awful build quality. Why not just get a K70 RGB?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Thanks.

I have owned both keyboards (not the chroma but the blackwidow) and i have to say i hate how that keyboard feels...the build quality is next to garbage, and the LEDs on a few of my keys burnt out within 6 months of owning the keyboard (I know the RGB is supposed to have addressed this)

The angled keycaps are annoying as all hell in my opinion and returned the keyboard within a day of using it.

The G910 is my least favorite keyboard ever. The Razer keyboard is better of these two but has awful build quality. Why not just get a K70 RGB?

+1 for this reccomendation, i currently have my daily driver as the corsair K95 and love it (except the cherry mx reds) the build quality is MUCH better and i love the brushed aluminum feel and look (personal taste) the corsair keyboard is also 100x easier to clean under the keycaps for when gunk and crap falls in between the keys. Also having the media keys with the volume scroll wheel is a nice touch to have easily instead of doing function keys.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

I personally own and use the BlackWidow as my daily driver. I can hower not confirm the poor build quality that was mentioned here. I have never had any problems with it, although i have to admit that it needs quite a time to get used to the uncommon feeling. And (personal opinion incoming) the print job of the keys is ugly as f***. And there are some things that are not thought till the end. For example special characters are not illuminated.

Nevertheless, it is my absolute recommendation between your two alternatives. I love my BlackWidow and i think its a great keyboard.

Logitech is just a rememberance of the glorious old days. Their current peripherals s*** b****. (personal opinion)

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency

Wait until after CES that will take place shortly after New Years. It's likely that some companies might show off new RGB keyboards.

As of right now, Corsair has exclusive rights to use RGB LED's with Cherry switches. That deal was good for one year if I remember right.

The only reasonable mechanical keyboard with RGB out right now are the ones from Corsair. Other RGB keyboards all seem to have some kind of issue with them.

I sort of wished that Logitech would have gone with a more plain RGB keyboard, instead of the funky keycaps and wristrest that is found on the G910. :c

I knew someone would mention the K70 RGB very quickly!

1. I want a keyboard with easy software which I don't have to spend much time learning.

2. It is $40 more expensive.

I knew someone would mention the K70 RGB very quickly!

1. I want a keyboard with easy software which I don't have to spend much time learning.

2. It is $40 more expensive.

The Razer of the two. But it's made cheaply and there just isn't anything as good as the K70 unfortunately.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'm typing on my Razer Blackwidow Chroma right now, and it isn't really as bad as some people think it would be. The Kailh switches in this are actually fine, the raised actuation is noticeable but it does actually feel different when bottoming out. One thing to note on this keyboard is that there is a lot of spillover. I like having my WASD red, and non-important keys to be blue. There is a noticeable purple (red/blue mixed in) and that can get annoying. From what I've heard, the G910 feels like rubberdomes and the keycaps aren't that good. Personally I enjoy using my Razer Blackwidow Chroma, but if you are going to get that I recommend you buy a 2 year replacement warranty with it, so if it has any problems within 2 years you can either return the entire thing for a refund or swap it for a new one. 

All in all, if you want tactile keys with a somewhat large actuation force and bright/better LED's/easy software, go with Razer.

If you like rubberdome over mechanical and you are able to get used to the keycaps, go with the G910.

The MX Blue and Brown versions of the K70 RGB are never in stock, so reds are your only option. With the K70, the lights are way dimmer but you also get a keyboard with solid build quality.

If I had a choice, I would probably go with the K70 with RGB Blues but sadly it is expensive and not in stock often. Therefore, I would go with the Blackwidow Chroma and not the G910. 

And (personal opinion incoming) the print job of the keys is ugly as f***. And there are some things that are not thought till the end. For example special characters are not illuminated.

+1 on this... The font they used on the keycaps are next to garbage...After a while i also noticed that on the special character keys (i.e { [....etc.) they are flipped from what 99% of all other keyboards do, so the keys you would have to hold "Shift" to get to (such as a ?) they are at the bottom instead of on top...see picture for reference. It took me a while to notice the change they did, and this goes for all of the special characters.

Blackwidow layout-

F12KIEq.png

99% of everyone elses layout-

N25rJd0.png

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

I'm typing on my Razer Blackwidow Chroma right now, and it isn't really as bad as some people think it would be. The Kailh switches in this are actually fine, the raised actuation is noticeable but it does actually feel different when bottoming out. One thing to note on this keyboard is that there is a lot of spillover. I like having my WASD red, and non-important keys to be blue. There is a noticeable purple (red/blue mixed in) and that can get annoying. From what I've heard, the G910 feels like rubberdomes and the keycaps aren't that good. Personally I enjoy using my Razer Blackwidow Chroma, but if you are going to get that I recommend you buy a 2 year replacement warranty with it, so if it has any problems within 2 years you can either return the entire thing for a refund or swap it for a new one. 

All in all, if you want tactile keys with a somewhat large actuation force and bright/better LED's/easy software, go with Razer.

If you like rubberdome over mechanical and you are able to get used to the keycaps, go with the G910.

The MX Blue and Brown versions of the K70 RGB are never in stock, so reds are your only option. With the K70, the lights are way dimmer but you also get a keyboard with solid build quality.

If I had a choice, I would probably go with the K70 with RGB Blues but sadly it is expensive and not in stock often. Therefore, I would go with the Blackwidow Chroma and not the G910. 

Clearly, you have never typed on a Cherry MX keyboard, because kailh switches feel very inconsistent in comparison.

Clearly, you have never typed on a Cherry MX keyboard, because kailh switches feel very inconsistent in comparison.

I actually have typed on a Cherry MX Blue keyboard from Rosewill for about a month before one of the LED's crapped out, and I have typed on a MX Brown Ducky keyboard. The Kailh green switches that I am using right now are not inconsistent, and I also have used the Poseidon Z before returning due to a switch defect. The Poseidon Z was very inconsistent, but surprinsgly the Razer mechanical switches are much more consistent than the regular Kailh blue switches. Sadly, my luck with mechanical keyboards have been terrible... As pretty much every mechanical I have had so far (not counting the Ducky, because it wasn't mine) has been defective of some sort. 

I can tell from personal experience that Kailh Blues are very inconsistent, but Kailh Greens (or Razer) are actually more consistent but they are nothing like MX Blues in terms of feel. 

Everyone keeps saying how the blackwidow feels cheap etc. and I must say, I used one at my friend' house and I loved it. Its keys are just so great to press and the sound it makes...I liked it and I bet its great for gaming

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

its not the question of manufacturer it is wat switch u want. i myself prefer more traditional mechanical switches and since razer mechanical switches are close to mx blues or browns (green and orange respectably) they are tactile but tend to be loud. the orion spark swithes feel more like rubber domes on the other hand when u press down it will hold down until it finally lets go. u should also choose what ssoftware u prefer (i like logitech better because razer synapse can suck my ass) 

Everyone keeps saying how the blackwidow feels cheap etc. and I must say, I used one at my friend' house and I loved it. Its keys are just so great to press and the sound it makes...I liked it and I bet its great for gaming

Exactly my point.. I myself use a Blackwidow Chroma as my daily driver and nothing about it shows inconsistency. The biggest problem that I have yet to have with one is that on some keys, the click is more audible than others. But that problem isn't only on Kailh switches, from what I can tell, MX Whites are inconsistent in clickiness as well. It is just that Kailh isn't a trusted manufacturer yet, and people have the perception that they are the absolute worst. 

Try the CM Storm keyboards. Best mechanical keyboards on the market imo. Really good price(my quickfire ultimate cost 100 euros and has all features you need in a keyboard, except RGB but you dont need that gimmick), excellent build quality(built like a tank), great functionality, even has a cable pass through on keyboard for better organization of your cable managment. The Ultimate does have a more gamer look to it so keep that in mind.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I would go with Corsair over Razer anyday, if they only didn't prioritize RED switches. Their RGB Blue/Brown haven't been in stock since forever, and now even their red version is out of stock. Even with their regular K70, I didn't want to order one online and I wanted to purchase one at my local Micro Center so I can return it easily if any problem escalates. Even though they requested for a Brown/Blue one, they still sent only 1 MX Red keyboard. Even online, the MX Red is cheaper than the Brown and Blue versions. It just doesn't make sense to me why they have to go for reds in 50-60% of their keyboards and then leave the rest for the other switches, if anything I think they should make the production of different keyboards with different switches equal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now had my Logitech G910 Orion Spark for four days, and it is AMAZING - I love it!