Speaker Under $500.

inastris

I am looking for speaker for my computer under $500.

These will being going on my desk, so I don't have unlimited space.

Also I much prefer a 2.1 setup over 2.0 (the sub will be going on the ground near my desk)

I don't mind buying the sub and speakers separately.

I already have a O2 Dac&Amp (http://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/o2-odac-combo/) which I use for my headphones, which I will be using with these speakers. (I don't know if this means a passive setup would be better?)

They will be used for watching movies and gaming.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-Speakers-Model-JL-760-/221637154931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item339a9a9873

i have these , the bass is loud af, so your will enjoy it, you just need an amp for them and the space.

(xD this was a joke unless u want it, but i do have it and it is nice)

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I quite like my CEntrance Masterclass speakers. The Audioengine P4 speakers are pretty good too on Massdrop but I don't think they're going to sell enough to have a drop. 

Do you want powered speakers or do you plan to use an amplifier?

Either way doesn't matter. However, If I were to get an amp, it would have to be included in the budget of $500.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

if you're spending that much you should definitely be getting surround sound because you'll get far better quality from five speakers rather than just two. or even just a good pair of turtle beaches with the surround sound software

if you're spending that much you should definitely be getting surround sound because you'll get far better quality from five speakers rather than just two. or even just a good pair of turtle beaches with the surround sound software

Eh no. Definitely not turtle beaches. Surround in headsets is just a gimmick anyway. If he wants a good 2.1 system with a quality sub that will run him his whole budget. He can get a decent surround as well but it depends on what he wants. I personally don't care for surround speakers. Too much hassle with the wires and you would need a receiver. Also it would force you to get cheaper individual speakers.

Either way doesn't matter. However, If I were to get an amp, it would have to be included in the budget of $500.

I recommend the audioengine a5+. It's good and very easy to set up. They go on sale in massdrop quite often is toy feel like waiting.

Eh no. Definitely not turtle beaches. Surround in headsets is just a gimmick anyway. If he wants a good 2.1 system with a quality sub that will run him his whole budget. He can get a decent surround as well but it depends on what he wants. I personally don't care for surround speakers. Too much hassle with the wires and you would need a receiver. Also it would force you to get cheaper individual speakers.

obvious troll is obvious.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.