PS3 firmware glitch, bricks consoles - widespread

dylandylandylan

Hmm... I just played a couple of BF3 rounds a while ago and the system didn't ask for an update. Would stay away from updating for now until Sony has a word on this. Thanks for the Info! :)

Wow this is pretty big. I wonder what is going to happen from this.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Wow ! It is bricking consoles eh.  Guess I will be turning on my PS3 without the console connected to my router.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yep! what I heard is those with 500+ GB Drives are mostly affected.

Also heard that Sony has removed the said update so it should be safe to everyone who has not updated yet and has no idea about the problem. No wonder I didn't get a notification on the update...

update 4.45, which causes your PS3 to get bricked, has been pulled back so the latest version at the moment is 4.41<br /><br />Sony hopes that by June 20 the get a fix for the people who's console got bricked, they'll have to download the fix to a usb stick and launch the console in safe mode.<br /><br />http://tweakers.net/nieuws/89787/playstation-3-update-445-laat-consoles-vastlopen.html

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

People who modified their PS3s are the mostly ones that are having problems.  When did Sony say it was ok to put in stuff that is not Sony certified ?  I think these people got what they deserved.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

People who modified their PS3s are the mostly ones that are having problems.  When did Sony say it was ok to put in stuff that is not Sony certified ?  I think these people got what they deserved.

I thought this was just a standard update from Sony affecting people of certain situations not people trying to crack their PS3

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd