Will my 770 power 1440p?

FrostySphincter

Thinking of getting one of these bad boys, 

but I'm not sure if my 770 will be able to run games at this resolution. I plan to upgrade the gpu once I save enough to make a significant upgrade, but I need a new monitor pretty sharpish, as I'm using a TV at the moment as it's less than ideal when I'm sitting less than half an arms length away...

EDIT:
I notice that he covered it in the video, saying that the 770 is the minimum for medium settings in games, but I'm still pretty wary about it, any more assurance would be much appreciated. 

CPU Intel core i5 4440 @ 3.3GHz Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-D3HP RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1866MHz GPU Nvidia geforce GTX 770 2048Mb Case lnWin 904 Storage 120GB Samsung 840 evo ssd + 1TB Seagate barracuda 7200 RPM PSU Corsair RM 550W Cooling BeQuiet ShadowRock TopFlow

You can even run 4k (20fps for sureee), switching from 1080p to 1440p will not dramatically decrease the framerate.

You´ll need to save on some graphicssettings, if you have only the 2gb edition.

If you ran at medium settings you'd be fine. Some games might work on higher settings. And you can always turn down the different AA settings since the increased pixel count does that for you.

Yea, but not nearly at 144fps. Should be able to do 50+fps at high in most games though.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Ah cheers guys.
 I'm willing to take the trade off of <=60 fps if it means I don't have my eyes ripped apart every time I want to use my pc, plus I think the increased resolution will let me have more windows open side by side, super useful for working in 3ds max and writing reports.

CPU Intel core i5 4440 @ 3.3GHz Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X-D3HP RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1866MHz GPU Nvidia geforce GTX 770 2048Mb Case lnWin 904 Storage 120GB Samsung 840 evo ssd + 1TB Seagate barracuda 7200 RPM PSU Corsair RM 550W Cooling BeQuiet ShadowRock TopFlow

I can confirm all of the above. I have a 680 2GB (= 770 2GB) with a 1440p monitor, and it runs most games I throw at it with medium/high settings at 50 fps+. Ofcourse the newest games might be medium settings with AA turned down, mostly because of VRAM shortage...

Ah cheers guys.

I'm willing to take the trade off of <=60 fps if it means I don't have my eyes ripped apart every time I want to use my pc, plus I think the increased resolution will let me have more windows open side by side, super useful for working in 3ds max and writing reports.

Kind of a waste getting a 144Hz 1440p monitor if you can't even push the 60fps an IPS monitor can handle. I guess you're upgrading so, yeah should be nice then.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Kind of a waste getting a 144Hz 1440p monitor if you can't even push the 60fps an IPS monitor can handle. I guess you're upgrading so, yeah should be nice then.

1440p is a must if I'm going to get a new monitor, it's just that if a 770 would make games unplayable I would have held off getting the monitor until I had enough to get a new gpu also. Knowing now that I'll be able to play games means I can stagger my upgrades. If the 770 holds up well enough then I might even be able to hold off long enough to be able to save for a 970 or 980.

1440p is a must if I'm going to get a new monitor, it's just that if a 770 would make games unplayable I would have held off getting the monitor until I had enough to get a new gpu also. Knowing now that I'll be able to play games means I can stagger my upgrades. If the 770 holds up well enough then I might even be able to hold off long enough to be able to save for a 970 or 980.

It´s not that bad ._.´ 

It´s not that bad ._.´ 

I'm preparing for the worst, anything above 30 fps is a bonus, a sweet sweet bonus.

Then if I'm hitting constant 60s at decent settings I'll just hold off completely. Maybe get another storage drive or something non-pc related (maybe).

I'm preparing for the worst, anything above 30 fps is a bonus, a sweet sweet bonus.

Then if I'm hitting constant 60s at decent settings I'll just hold off completely. Maybe get another storage drive or something non-pc related (maybe).

You'll definitely get above 30fps, and with G-Sync, anything above 40 fps or so feels very similar to 60+ fps (or so I've heard).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

my 770 hits 40-55 fps on metro last light medium settings at 2880x1800, so 1440p will be fine

if you are playing csgo, you will never drop below 120fps