UK government helping to provide "Superfast broadband" to more people & remove mobile blackspots

sorry if this is already mentioned cant check due to search not being there

https://www.gov.uk/gosuperfast

Government and local authorities are investing £1.7 billion to help bring superfast broadband to over 95% of the UK by 2017.

there is a postcode checker that tells you options for broadband in the area dont know if there is any push to make things cheaper for personal broadband but there seems that there is up to a £3000 voucher for businesses which I think can only be a good thing but i do wonder how that will work if it is a £3000 for investment or to keep bills going overtime .... 

website is brief 

https://www.gov.uk/broadband-delivery-uk

gives more detail with a 3 phase program to cover 90% then 95% and then test ways to provide to the remaining 5% as well as SuperConnected Cities Programme that has broadband connection voucher scheme, Wi-Fi projects and "innovative digital projects" 

could we see similar to whats planned in New York(?) eventually happen in the UK?

as well as investments in mobile infrastructure trying to remove the black spots so everyone has some coverage

https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/making-it-easier-for-the-communications-and-telecoms-industries-to-grow-while-protecting-the-interests-of-citizens/supporting-pages/improving-mobile-coverage

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-secures-landmark-deal-for-uk-mobile-phone-users 

Full mobile coverage going up from 69% to 85% with guaranteed voice and text to 90% having legally binding contracts witEE, O2, Three and Vodafone

Oh it'll all happen in London, then they'll magically run out of money and the rest of the country will have to do without it. Especially us in the north (anywhere past Birmingham). It's a good thing that they want to invest in broadband, especially if it gives us faster that what even virgin are pushing out, but it seems to be more of an appeal to voters by the tories than anything else, because it won't happen if they don't get voted back in in the summer.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I do not see anywhere, where it states how much your new speed will be onto this ''superfast'' broadband. But wouldn't the ideal change be fiberoptic, I assume thats not what they're doing.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

"Superfast" - Doesn't actually define or list a speed it considers minimum to be "superfast" on the website.

Funny really. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

Superfast doesn't mean shit, they didn't give us speed, superfast can be 15Mb or 15MB we don't know so superfast doesn't mean anything.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I do not see anywhere, where it states how much your new speed will be onto this ''superfast'' broadband. But wouldn't the ideal change be fiberoptic, I assume thats not what they're doing.

"Superfast" - Doesn't actually define or list a speed it considers minimum to be "superfast" on the website.

Funny really. 

Superfast doesn't mean shit, they didn't give us speed, superfast can be 15Mb or 15MB we don't know so superfast doesn't mean anything.

The ambition is to provide superfast broadband (speeds of 24Mbps or more) for at least 95% of UK premises and universal access to basic broadband (speeds of at least 2Mbps).

"Here, take this better internet so we can spy on you with even more efficiency!"

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Good, it's ridiculous that me in the city can get ~150mbps download speed, yet my auntie who lives about 20 miles out of the city (admittedly in the middle of nowhere) can't even get 0.5mbps.

In my country, when you come to the bigger cities, you cant get higher than 20mbps in most cases, unless you are living in an area that has a good landlord, as they sometimes get you fiberoptic in exchange for their poor built quality apartments for extreme prices.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm confuzzled. BT already pledged this years ago and are well more than 50% of the way through doing it. They've promised to provide FTTC to 95% of UK homes by 2017.

This is already happening anyway?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)