Computer won't boot when I install a graphics card

Jack Wignall

We feel like we are military strategists.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

We feel like we are military strategists.

^This rofl

You are forbidden from taking a break! :D

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

hahaha! :)
Now that you know the card is being recognized by the OS, when you are running off the integrated graphics, have you tried completely removing the Drivers for your new card? It's worth a shot there may be something wrong with the drivers.

why don't you try undoing everything you did upto now and try just installing the card from the beginning. and dont change any thing in the bios. just connect the graphics card, and the monitor to it and just turn on the PC. juts to see if it works.. if it works then install the latest drivers... dont worrie about the BIOS settings. this have worked for me time and time again

Thank guys, I tried all of the above suggestions but nothing worked. I'm now in the process of reformatting the boot SSD and reinstalling windows.

Thank guys' date=' I tried all of the above suggestions but nothing worked. I'm now in the process of reformatting the boot SSD and reinstalling windows.[/quote']

Man, this has been bugging me all evening. I can't think of what it could be, i really hope this install works for you, could just be one of those things. :/

I wish you the best of luck with the re-install and if it does not work I will continue to troubleshoot this with ya

Fresh install of windows on the drive, installed the Nvidia driver whilst GPU plugged in but running the display through intergrated. Switched the BIOS from onboard to PCIe and changed cable from mobo to GPU and still not display.. getting tired and frustrated :(

Going to try my GPU in my brothers computer tomorrow which has an z77 Asrock extreme4 mobo. The only thing I can think of is an error in the bios of my mobo?

Can you download the latest mobo driver onto a flash drive and flash the bios?

Have you definitely plugged the power cables into the graphics card? I know people that have forgotten to do that (not me :) )

Version 1.60 Flash BIOS says that it improves mintor compatibility. That sounds promising!

Stupid question here but if I install version 1.70 will it include all of the improvements from 1.60?

post-1644-13667861369857_thumb.jpg

Kilmer02 is the winner! Grabbed version 1.70 BIOS off the Asrock website, flashed it and it worked! The graphics card is now giving display to the monitor :D

Thank you so much for your help guys! I am very grateful! :)

Like a boss! Enjoy:)

Not sure if this would work but I had an asrock extreme4 and had the exact same problem. I had to flash my bios and it worked