Which kind of advertising do you prefer Linus to do?

Which one guys?

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

YouTube ads, I'm pretty sure they make him more money than the adds on the livestream.

i don't mind seeing an intel etc advert at the beginning of the video, much prefer it to having some random ad. plus linus still gets advert money even if people are using adblock.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I think he should do a few google ads on the forum because the forum gets about 100,000 pageviews a day he said so if he put a couple of ads just small ones on the forum or if he made a custom background from corsair or something and stuck that on  I think it would be good. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

BOTH 

I actually don't mind ads at all.

They are the thing that basically keep the internet free.

As long as they don't intervene with the content (in the middle of a video when someone is talking, or the flying banners, and pop-ups in some websites) I don't mind Ads.

BOTH 

I actually don't mind ads at all.

They are the thing that basically keep the internet free.

As long as they don't intervene with the content (in the middle of a video when someone is talking, or the flying banners, and pop-ups in some websites) I don't mind Ads.

There are crap load of ads on TV but we still have to pay to watch it!

I dont mind either way. Its only a few seconds of my life. I can use that time to watch a diffefent video, check facebook or browse the forums.

The beauty of multi moniters!!

I like having tech ads over random youtube ads.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I have adblock so i prefer the in video ads from him but not the GPU/CPU ads, i really dislike those.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Any form of ads he feels are necessary for his company, and he thinks are not to much of s strain on his viewers..
If he fucks that up he'll have to change the way he does things.. 
Make it a learning progress I guess

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Can you add a both option? Cause i dont mind adds.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I may be wrong, but I think he would end up getting more money from ads within the videos with sponsorships and such. I also like that the ads are relevant, and may actually contribute something to the audience that is watching his videos. 

both i don't mind 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

how about that "random ad at the beginning" be on of Linus's Techquickie ad's THAT would be pretty ballin'

I like them but don't usually take stock in any. The advertisers are fools if they think they are winning over my opinion with an annoying bit of work. I'll let them continue to exist and click on them only when they support Linus. Volume control multi monitor  and multi window are all my friends like others have mentioned. I think that if youtube ever doesn't allow me to mute or skip the add in the player then i will get more annoyed.

Linus should follow anandtech's add policy. No pop ups no flashy crap etc.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

I have adblock so i prefer the in video ads from him but not the GPU/CPU ads, i really dislike those.

You ... you realize by having adblock you are basically stealing content right? ... Similar to pirating.

If that's what you want to do, very well, but I'm just saying, ads are how people like Linus get paid. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I only use adblock because of the piss annoying ad's at the beginning of Youtube videos anything else im alright with

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

how about that "random ad at the beginning" be on of Linus's Techquickie ad's THAT would be pretty ballin'

That's what I am referring to.

I think he should do a few google ads on the forum because the forum gets about 100,000 pageviews a day he said so if he put a couple of ads just small ones on the forum or if he made a custom background from corsair or something and stuck that on  I think it would be good. 

this but the google adds must be non intrusive 

I reckon he should do both. Gives him more money to produce awesome content and turn a profit. I'm happy to watch a few annoying ads to know it helps him out. 

Youtube so he is as less biased as possible

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I'm fairly certain he makes more money from in-video ads than the automatic YouTube ones, and all the ones he's had so far are shorter than the 30 second maximum for YouTube video ads. Besides that, his ads are a bit more likely to be something I'm interested in.

But the Tech Quickie ads are way too long to just put at the beginning of a normal video and most of us have already seen those ads anyway.

I have a problem with the banner on the youtube page. As soon as you enter the site all you see is INTEL INTEL INTEL. Kind of hard to be biased (in the viewers eyes) when you watch a video on an AMD CPU knowing that the youtube page is sponsored by Intel. i understand there has to be some advertising, I get it. Put in a commercial at the beginning of the video (like the CES vids) that doesn't conflict with what you're reviewing / unboxing.

J1gvknb.png

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman