Air flow logic confict.

Ghost

I have a bit of an airflow logic conflict.

I have a Switch 810 and have notice it is drawing in dust from the cracks. That obviously means low air pressure inside the case. My problem is I have literally no fans to turn around to negate this low air pressure.

WG5C6MI.png

Red: Fans

Brown: Radiators

Orange: Water cooling tubing

What would you make the fans?

My current setup:

1 140mm OUT

2 120mm OUT

3 120mm OUT

4 140mm OUT

5 140mm OUT

6 120mm IN

7 120mm IN

8 140mm IN

9 140mm IN

I was thinking about flipping FAN 1, however, that might just make air loop between 1 and 2 and it might just make the system hotter.

Do you think I should flip one of the fans?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You could try for a while with everything taking air in and see how the system fares both with temps and dust?

You could try for a while with everything taking air in and see how the system fares both with temps and dust?
This isn't like a Lanboy Air. I don't think it would have enough holes in it to be able to push out 9 fans worth of air. The fans and therefor the airflow would slow down. I am thinking of adding a bit of cardboard between the Fan 1 and 2 exhaust side to see how it goes.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I've done a pretty rough setup in a physics sandbox with all the fan speeds the same. You can see roughly that with fan 1 reversed you're going to have a loop and I also just then after reading your idea with the bit of cardboard and tested both inside and out and you still get the exhaust from 2 being drawn in by 1.

Though take these with a grain of salt because they can't factor in what you've got on the side panel if you do..

post-354-13667861355077_thumb.jpg

post-354-13667861355284_thumb.jpg

post-354-13667861355517_thumb.jpg

Are your temps bordering on acceptability? Otherwise just lower exhaust RPMs, or remove #1.

Alternatively, flip it all. Flip everything.

Alternalternatively, what's going on in your drive bays? Could you use three of those for a fan mount?

I might just remove #1 or lower the speeds. I will try to adjust fan curves on the fans to see if it helps as all my new fans will be PWM.

You could try reversing 4 and 5 to pull air in across the rear rad, and then vent out the top, maybe?