My dilemma, Graphic or Phone.

Go to solution Solved by Skeleknights,

Phone, 2 980's are overkill except for specific situations.

The phablet.

Because your monitor is just 1080p, and one 980 is already overkill.

Because your phone is the one with a problem (although it looks like it may be fixable)

Because the Note 4 costs less than a 980 unless your getting ripped off.

Since you're still gaming at 1080p, I'd say the phone. I assume you'll be using the phone every day, and won't be intensively gaming every single day.

Phone no doubt.

Phone

Phone because your Graphics card is powerful enough to play at 1080p with the latest game titles

Exactly. And, your PC is working fine, but your phone does not.

Just get the phone

Get the phone bro!

Secondary monitor? Seriously, once you go dual-monitor, you never go back.

Anywhoo, if your current phone is having issues, replace it with a new phone.. I'm running a single 980 at 1440p and it doesn't have any troubles, so dual 980s is just complete overkill for 1080p gaming.

As a proud owner of the Note 4, this is a no-brainer. Go for the sick phone. I absolutely love mine and I don't see myself needing an upgrade for a long, long time.

Yeah, the Edge is cool for a concept, but I would still take the Note 4 over it. Plus, I believe I read that the Edge was sold out?

Please vote, and explain of your choice.

My current system 

|MONITOR; ASUS VG248QE 144Hz|MOTHERBOARD; MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING |PROCESSOR; i7 4770K 4.2GHz |G.SKILL TRIDENT 16GB 2400MHz|GRAPHIC; x1 EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 SC|POWERSUPPLY; EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2 PLATINUM|KEYBOARD; CORSAIR VENGEANCE K70 |MOUSE; LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE |CHASIS; FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI R2

|CURRENT PHONE; Nokia Lumia 1520 (REASONPhone shuts off often when watching videos)

Thank you for your time.

980 SLI is overkill for 1080p, and I'd say don't get an Note 4 either, get something like an S5 (if youre into Samsung), or a HTC M8, that phone is not the newest, but it's still super fast, built like a tank and has a great IPS display.

Okay everyone, I would still like to hear some more from you guys, and have a great Christmas! So far, I am seeing alot of vote towards Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I just saw Galaxy Note edge. Looks really nice! but I would be better off with Note 4 if I were to choose.

|MONITOR; ASUS VG248QE |MOTHERBOARD; MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING |PROCESSOR; i7 4770K 4.2GHz |G.SKILL RIPJAWS SERIES 8GB (2 x 4GB) |GRAPHIC; EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

|POWERSUPPLY; EVGA SuperNova 1000W Platinum Modular |KEYBOARD; CORSAIR VENGEANCE K70 |MOUSE; LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE |CHASIS; FRACTAL DESIGN MIDI R2

/bump

|MONITOR; ASUS VG248QE |MOTHERBOARD; MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING |PROCESSOR; i7 4770K 4.2GHz |G.SKILL RIPJAWS SERIES 8GB (2 x 4GB) |GRAPHIC; EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

|POWERSUPPLY; EVGA SuperNova 1000W Platinum Modular |KEYBOARD; CORSAIR VENGEANCE K70 |MOUSE; LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE |CHASIS; FRACTAL DESIGN MIDI R2

Okay everyone, I would still like to hear some more from you guys, and have a great Christmas! So far, I am seeing alot of vote towards Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I just saw Galaxy Note edge. Looks really nice! but I would be better off with Note 4 if I were to choose.

Yeah, the Edge is cool for a concept, but I would still take the Note 4 over it. Plus, I believe I read that the Edge was sold out?

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

Not only that, not many good cases are supported for this device. I am looking at Spigen cases which is my favorite case over any others. So Yeah Im sold on Note 4, Thanks for all the support and answers guys!

Phone, 2 980's are overkill except for specific situations.

The phablet.

Because your monitor is just 1080p, and one 980 is already overkill.

Because your phone is the one with a problem (although it looks like it may be fixable)

Because the Note 4 costs less than a 980 unless your getting ripped off.

Since you're still gaming at 1080p, I'd say the phone. I assume you'll be using the phone every day, and won't be intensively gaming every single day.

Phone no doubt.

Phone

Phone because your Graphics card is powerful enough to play at 1080p with the latest game titles

Exactly. And, your PC is working fine, but your phone does not.

Just get the phone

Get the phone bro!

Secondary monitor? Seriously, once you go dual-monitor, you never go back.

Anywhoo, if your current phone is having issues, replace it with a new phone.. I'm running a single 980 at 1440p and it doesn't have any troubles, so dual 980s is just complete overkill for 1080p gaming.

As a proud owner of the Note 4, this is a no-brainer. Go for the sick phone. I absolutely love mine and I don't see myself needing an upgrade for a long, long time.