A Microsoft Employee Wrote an interesting Corporate Blog Post..

Outlook might be the most stupid fucking program in the history of the world. My grandfather is 85, and he needs things to stay pretty much the same, despite actually being very interested in computers. So he needs outlook, which means I have to work in it from time to time and it enfuriates.

Trying to export and import an addressbook in outlook,  leads to either suicidal or homicidal feelings.

57123665.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes....balancing my love for my grandfather to the my hate for outlook is a tough battle from time to time.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Still like you Microsoft.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I can see some of the points being pointed out. He's just trying to tell his son that it doesn't come easy and good free, he was just using something he works with as his best analogy. Considering I can't use google apps to do my college school work since Docs misses some required features for APA formatting and better grammar checking. Office Word does everything needed and has bonus features like Automatic table of contents and citing. Thats what I can see from his analogy as Google strives for integration and fluidity for free in Docs while still missing the point of getting the job done well. Something as simple as seperate first page header is still missing from Docs even tho its still an active question being bumped every so often by people trying to keep using Docs.

Information Security is my thing.

Running a entry/mid-range pc, upgrading it slowly.

Personally, I just hate the layout. So much empy space taken up for stylistic bullshit instead of actually being efficient in it's display of information. I think that the emails themselves should take up more than a third of the window. Not to mention the way they display the emails when you open them.

That really depends on the way you set it up. On a 24" 1080p It takes up more then half of the screen. I'm not sure what you mean by the last part. It may not be the best thing, but I've tried stuff like Thunderbird and it was worse.

CPU: Intel i7 950 | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB | SSD: 256GB 840 Pro | HDD 1: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB | HDD 2: WD 320GB | RAM: Crucial XMS3 12GB (6x 2GB) | Case: Corsair R200 | PSU: LCPower 650W | Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Personally, I just hate the layout. So much empy space taken up for stylistic bullshit instead of actually being efficient in it's display of information. I think that the emails themselves should take up more than a third of the window. Not to mention the way they display the emails when you open them.

You can change the layout under the view tab, You can have it traditional looking, and remove panes

You can change the layout under the view tab, You can have it traditional looking, and remove panes

Yeah, Outlook 2013 is actually fairly highly configurable. There are several different "Pre-Set" views you can select, and then you can tweak them by adjusting pane sizes and so on. People who think Outlook 2013 is awful probably haven't spent enough time to realize how customizable it is.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

OneDrive has saved my ass multiple times, but outlook and onenote are just purely stupid.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

OneDrive has saved my ass multiple times, but outlook and onenote are just purely stupid.

As a student and heavy user of both Outlook and OneNote 2013, I have had 0 problem with either, and have been working flawlessly.

What problem you were having, maybe I can help?

As a student and heavy user of both Outlook and OneNote 2013, I have had 0 problem with either, and have been working flawlessly.

What problem you were having, maybe I can help?

I heavily dislike OneNote defaulting constantly to be my printer, I've tried multiple times and I have never gotten it to override OneNote. I have never been able to get Outlook to fit my needs. Every single firewall on my computer (and for some reason, even Microsoft's) has blocked it, and once spending 10 minutes on a manhunt to unblock it, it would not connect to my Gmail or any of my work emails. 

Maybe "stupid" was a little strong of me but I have never gotten either to work in my favor. The E-mail app on Windows 8 does a far superior job IMO.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

I have none of these problems.

Outlook always picks the right printer, the default one set to the system.

I must say that if Outlook is picking the wrong printer, then odds are, there's something wrong with the Windows install (corrupted perhaps), or the Printer Driver. Either way, I've never heard of this happening, and I have over 100 Outlook installs as my basis for this conclusions.

That of course doesn't mean it can't happen, but I highly doubt Outlook is the culprit. Windows or the Printer Driver most likely is.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)