Looking for a new phone

Stickeric
Go to solution Solved by FLAMMABLEGAS17481,

nexus 6, note 4 , z3 mini or z3.

Hello,

I'm currenty looking for a new phone since my S3 mini is getting old and slow and is needing a replacement.

Since I don't know what the best phones are these days I need some help :P .

Things that are important to me:

Performance - I want a fast phone that has excellent perfomance 

Display - I like to have a Full HD display (1080p)

Taking pictures  fast (I dont want the phone taking 10 seconds to take 1 picture)

Big display

No apple.

Design has to look good.

Color: BLACK

Budget ~700 euro

Not that important:

Camera quality - Phone camera will only be used for quick and fast photos if I want good photos I just buy a camera

To get a idea what I like I'm intrested in the:

HTC one m8, S5 or the LG G3

But I just don't know which is the better fit for me or if theres an even better fit for me.

Looking for a dutch gaming clan? http://fapp-crew.nl/

Nexus 5 for those specifications and design is subjective, but no one has told me seriously that it looks bad.

/thread

Personally I've become a huge fan of the OnePlus One phone - I've been using mine for a while now and the screen is awesome, cyanogen by default so no bloatware and 64gb of storage isn't shabby either.

Doesn't have a lot of feature builtins like IR radio, stylus etc but what it has is near top of the market and the price is <$450 (sorry not sure what it would be in euro exactly but under your price I know that).

Not sure if I have any invites but I think you can get them without an invite now.

My HTC One M8 seems to fit those criteria pretty well. 

Good performance, 5" 1080p display, camera launches fairly quickly with Motion Launch, Not Apple, Design looks good (though that can be considered subjective), excellent speakers.

THAT being said, the camera quality is very unimpressive. I know they liked to tout their "ultrapixel" tech, but frankly the 4 MP camera just doesn't take very good photos. I know you say that the camera quality isn't important, but I think it's important to mention that every time I take a photo with the One M8, I wish I still had my iPhone 5S.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Both the note 4 and the nexus 6 fit those requirements almost perfectly

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

nexus 6, note 4 , z3 mini or z3.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

Personally I've become a huge fan of the OnePlus One phone - I've been using mine for a while now and the screen is awesome, cyanogen by default so no bloatware and 64gb of storage isn't shabby either.

Doesn't have a lot of feature builtins like IR radio, stylus etc but what it has is near top of the market and the price is <$450 (sorry not sure what it would be in euro exactly but under your price I know that).

Not sure if I have any invites but I think you can get them without an invite now.

that was for black friday and cyber monday

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

HTC One M8, Nexus 5, One Plus One.

S5 feels cheap and without a case in gets all sweaty and sticky and ew, the One Plus One dont have hands on experience with, The M8 is great

G3 has a bad display the whites are very yellow and it overheats and has to turn off ew

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Both the nexus 5 and 6 looks interesting have to look more into it tomorrow.

Note 4 seems to have 2 versions here in holland? 910F and 910C it says so far I only see a difference in the proccesor? That's what atleast the site I'm looking at is telling me.

When I looked into it it says I need to have a invite.

Looking for a dutch gaming clan? http://fapp-crew.nl/

Stickeric, not sure if you could take advantage of this, but it would appear that you could buy a one plus one on amazon now:

http://www.amazon.com/Oneplus-One-Snapdragon-Android-Cyanogenmod/dp/B00LEAPLWW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418775477&sr=8-1&keywords=one+plus+one

Apologies for the misinformation of not needing the invites anymore, wasn't aware that was only a cyber monday and black friday thing.

Nexus 5 for those specifications and design is subjective, but no one has told me seriously that it looks bad.

/thread

Please don't do that stupid /thread crap.  This isn't reddit.

Please don't do that stupid /thread crap.  This isn't reddit.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. Could've gone without posting that, just saying.

The OnePlus One is awesome; it even has a pretty good camera and awesome battery life. It performs almost as smooth as Nexus devices, it's black (although it's Sandstone Black, you'll either love it or hate it. I love it) and it's the best for the price phone. It's in general just an awesome phone; it in no way feels like a cheap phone. Buy one if you get the chance.

-From the desk of Moose-

The iPhone 6+ fills all your requirements, if not exceeds them but you don't want Apple lol

As for m8 vs S5, I've used my friend's m8 for a bit and the camera app is really laggy, the frame rate is really low in the preview and the interface is hard to use. But otherwise, I would go for the htc.

How big would you like your display, do you want a phablet? And do you have a preference on what size?

Anyway, Oneplus One is cheap and fits your requirements, the camera isn't great (but that shouldnt be a problem). The Note 4 is great if you're into phablets. And the Nexus 6 is a great device for your needs as well.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Z3, Note 4 and G3 are great choices, nexus 6 too

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Not that important:

Camera quality - Phone camera will only be used for quick and fast photos if I want good photos I just buy a camera

HTC One M8 hands down.

Everything about it is amazing aside from the camera. It takes very quick shots with Duo disabled and if you're one of the people who isn't a huge quality freak then it's pretty much the phone to get. This isn't to say that the camera is horrible though, the M8 still takes excellent shots, it's just you can't zoom in much due to it only being 4MP.

"Rawr XD"