Is the Audio-Technica AT2020USB desk mic a good buy?

Whorax

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a nice quality desk mic. I don't want one that's too expensive because I'm not loaded with money anymore after I just bought a nice new rig. I also want a USB powered mic because I'm not very knowledgeable on audio equipment, so I'd prefer something simple.

I found the AT2020 USB mic while looking around on the internet. If any of you guys have one, how is it? Do you know if there's a way to make it work with the PS3 and PS4 as well? I'll probably be pairing it with Astro A40s with the mixamp for my gaming/recording needs just because I know that the A40/mixamp combo works with PC as well as PS3/PS4, so I don't have to worry about any of that.

Here's a link to the AT2020 on Amazon, just to give specifics: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020USB-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B001AS6OYC

Thanks. :)

Edit: Honestly may just go with the Steelseries Siberia V3 headset, since the Steelseries website says it's compatible with all platforms, and apparently the A40s are garbage for what you pay.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

The at-2020 and the blue yeti are both great for $100. The astro a40 is pretty bad, you should consider real headphones like the sennheiser 518/558 or audio-technica ad500x/700x

Thanks for all the speedy responses everyone!! :)

The at-2020 and the blue yeti are both great for $100. The astro a40 is pretty bad, you should consider real headphones like the sennheiser 518/558 or audio-technica ad500x/700x

I would, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to use it on my PS3/PS4 when I play my exclusives for those consoles. :wacko:

I would definitely get the Audio-Technica headsets, but I hear that the headband gets loose (and the headset in general is loose) so it end up falling off of peoples' heads or it ends up being supported by your ears since it doesn't grip onto the head.

And call me childish/stupid, but I don't think I would get the Sennheisers because they're just flat out ugly and they look cheap, in my opinion.

Привет товарищ ))))

I would, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to use it on my PS3/PS4 when I play my exclusives for those consoles. :wacko:

I would definitely get the Audio-Technica headsets, but I hear that the headband gets loose (and the headset in general is loose) so it end up falling off of peoples' heads or it ends up being supported by your ears since it doesn't grip onto the head.

And call me childish/stupid, but I don't think I would get the Sennheisers because they're just flat out ugly and they look cheap, in my opinion.

Look up v moda headphones 

If that happens you can mend it with a rubberband, it kind of depends on the size of your head.

If that happens you can mend it with a rubberband, it kind of depends on the size of your head.

I'd like to think I've got a rather large noggin. :lol:

Do you know if they're PS4 compatible? I'll probably get the 500Xs because I'm currently using a Turtle Beach, so anything will be a significant upgrade.

Привет товарищ ))))

I'd like to think I've got a rather large noggin. :lol:

Do you know if they're PS4 compatible? I'll probably get the 500Xs because I'm currently using a Turtle Beach, so anything will be a significant upgrade.

As long as there's something to plug them into they will work. I haven't read up on them but audiophile headphones usually require some sort of amplification.

Look up v moda headphones

They are more fashion hybrid headphones.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It's definitely a quality of the 3D-wing design that I imagine most people need to get used to.  I've had no issues with them at all, but then again my first foray into some decent headphones was the AD700 so...

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

It's definitely a quality of the 3D-wing design that I imagine most people need to get used to.  I've had no issues with them at all, but then again my first foray into some decent headphones was the AD700 so...

Since you have them, would you happen to know if they're PS4 compatible?

Привет товарищ ))))

Since you have them, would you happen to know if they're PS4 compatible?

Well...the PS4 controller has a headphone jack, I'm pretty sure they work, not that I would want to plug a heavy 3m cable into a controller.  I hear you have to fiddle around with settings to get all of the sound coming out of the controller jack though.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh