AMD Gaming PC

timmie33

Hi,

Already saying sorry for the bad english, but i need help with my rig i wanna build.

These are specs;

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

CPU: AMD FX8320 @ 3.5Ghz

GPU: ASUS R9290DC2OC4GD5

PSU: Sharkoon WPM600 V2, 600 Watt

Case: Sharkoon T9 Value Blue

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 103

RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR31866 Kit

HDD: Western Digital Blue, 1 TB

SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900

I dont think the CPU Cooler is gonna cool the 8 core but i'm not sure, thats why i came here.

If anyone has more suggestions, let me know!

Already a big thank you!

Tim

I would recommend trying the Hyper 212 EVO Cpu Cooler if you want to risk it with the case and/or are overclocking. If not, the TX3 EVO is pretty good at being small and just default cooling.

Also I wouldn't recommend a Sharkoon Power Supply for a parts like that. I would highly recommend the XFX power supplies.

i'd change out psu, case, mainboard and cpu cooler.

212 evo, 970 gaming or 990fx-ud3, evga 600b and an s340.

Those EVGA Power Suppliers are tier 3, would a tier two for high end components not be more recommended? Such as XFX.

If your going to go with 1080p gaming then the 8320 will probally bottleneck some GPUs like the 290(x) an 4690k will work a little better. If you do want to go with the 8320 get a sabertooth 990fx gen 3. And a hyper 212 Evo. And try to oc it to 4.2 ghz

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Those EVGA Power Suppliers are tier 3, would a tier two for high end components not be more recommended? Such as XFX.

who says they are tier 3?

it would be more recommended, but if you look at the psu he picked this is a lot better. and he might not be able to afford xfx.

No i don't

Where will you buy them? Give us a link please ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

it would be more recommended, but if you look at the psu he picked this is a lot better. and he might not be able to afford xfx.

Exactly, my only problem was to keep the CPU safe and i'm gonna change it to 212 evo

Where will you buy them? Give us a link please ;)

www.alternate.nl

If your going to go with 1080p gaming then the 8320 will probally bottleneck some GPUs like the 290(x) an 4690k will work a little better. If you do want to go with the 8320 get a sabertooth 990fx gen 3. And a hyper 212 Evo. And try to oc it to 4.2 ghz

Intel is to expensive in my opinion.

XFX isn't much more expensive. I got a 550w XFX for £40.

that's great.

80+ bronze?

but still, there's nothing wrong with the evga psu's.

Yeah

Nothing wrong, I just prefer to get higher tiers as I don't like the thought of my PSU exploding down the line and taking a GPU with it.

Yeah

Nothing wrong, I just prefer to get higher tiers as I don't like the thought of my PSU exploding down the line and taking a GPU with it.

what do you mean with 'tier'?

who says xfx is better than evga?

psu's don't explode and it's also very, very unlikely that it's going to kill other components in your system.

DONT SAY BOTTLENECK

itll be just fine :)

(Yes intel is better for performace but the title is AMD not intel)

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD

what do you mean with 'tier'?

who says xfx is better than evga?

psu's don't explode and it's also very, very unlikely that it's going to kill other components in your system.

PSU's can explode. You should look at Jonnyguru 'Death of a gutless wonder' (Not that the EVGA falls into that category)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=379

Hi,

Already saying sorry for the bad english, but i need help with my rig i wanna build.

These are specs;

I dont think the CPU Cooler is gonna cool the 8 core but i'm not sure, thats why i came here.

Already a big thank you!

Tim

I recommend going with the i5 4460 - same price, so much more gaming performance. Also much less heat and you can use the stock cooler if you're willing to live with some noise.

edit: just buy a cheap H81 or B85 mobo, it'll have everything you need except crossfire but the 970 chipset also doesn't really support that.

another edit: I am in a helping mood so I just give you some links.

CPU: http://www.alternate.nl/Intel%28R%29/Core%28TM%29-i5-4460-3-2-GHz-%283-4-GHz-Turbo-Boost%29-1150-processor/html/product/1129767?tk=7&lk=9492

mobo: http://www.alternate.nl/GIGABYTE/GA-B85M-DS3H-socket-1150-moederbord/html/product/1104040?tk=7&lk=9450 (though Z97 mobo's are only like €15 more expensive, so consider that option as well.)

RAM: http://www.alternate.nl/Crucial/8-GB-DDR3-1600-Kit-geheugen/html/product/1008044?tk=7&lk=9326

PSU: http://www.alternate.nl/Seasonic/S12II-620Bronze-%28SS-620GB%29-620-Watt-voeding/html/product/143541?tk=7&lk=9530 (though Im not really sure about this one, does anyone know if the Corsair VS series is any good? Anyways you should be good with anything over 600W.)

GPU: ASUS doesn't have the best cooler for AMD, but damn that price is nice. The second cheapest one that isn't XFX is http://www.alternate.nl/MSI/R9-290-GAMING-4G-grafische-kaart/html/product/1121403?tk=7&lk=10190, but it's €30 more expensive.

Case: a Corsair Carbide SPEC something would be better in terms of build quality and cooling but a case is very subjective so if you like the looks of the Sharkoon one go with it.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

PSU's can explode. You should look at Jonnyguru 'Death of a gutless wonder' (Not that the EVGA falls into that category)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=379

everything can explode.

but what are the chances?

nobody has ever heard of 'coolmax'.

this is not evga. an xfx 80+ bronze can explode just as easily.

everything can explode.

but what are the chances?

nobody has ever heard of 'coolmax'.

this is not evga. an xfx 80+ bronze can explode just as easily.

There is a tier system with power supplies and tier 3 is average power supplies, not really intended for hardcore intensive use (12 hours every single day) with playing loads of games while tier 2 is higher. It's somewhere on Toms Hardware.

EDIT: Found the link - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

ALSO SHARKOON IS TIER 5 WHICH IS A BIG NO NO ESPECIALLY FOR GAMING

There is a tier system with power supplies and tier 3 is average power supplies, not really intended for hardcore intensive use (12 hours every single day) with playing loads of games while tier 2 is higher. It's somewhere on Toms Hardware.

EDIT: Found the link - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html

ALSO SHARKOON IS TIER 5 WHICH IS A BIG NO NO ESPECIALLY FOR GAMING

who is this guy, dottorrent?

i guess we can agree on the fact that he shouldnt get the psu he picked :P

Hi,

These are specs;

Already a big thank you!

Tim

I would suggest something along the lines of this AMD build with air cooling, and AMD build with water cooling.

From personal experience you should give yourself the peace of mind and get a more trusted brand i.e. Corsair or Seasonic when it comes to your PSU. I would also recommend a AIO water cooler as you will have some more headroom when it comes to overclocking, but if your not comfortable with overclocking then you should go with something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, rather than the cheaper option of the Cooler Master Hyper 103 which still has the slightly less efficient and less effective gaps on the base of the cooler. Otherwise looks good.

P.S was not sure about your location so I am referencing you a UK PC part picker link with the suggested build so far, use it in future as it makes life allot more easier.