The Haswell Revolution.[Waiting for second GPU]

NickyVida

Introduction:

Hi guys! im Nicky from Singapore here

Am new to this forum. Been a fan of Linus's videos on YT and have learned lots from his videos.

I've been saving up since last year and finally after lots of scrimping and saving i'm almost ready for my first build. I have never assembled a computer before so im really nervous.

Sorry for any blurry pictures.I dont really have a good cam >.<

The parts:

Haswell I7 4770k-CPU+Hyper 212evo dual fan(Gentle Typhoon)

Thermal Compound-Gelid

Asus Z87 Plus-Mobo

Asus GTX-780-GPU(intending to SLI in the future.)

G Skill Ripjaws 4x4 1600mhz -Ram

Seasonic X Series 1050w- PSU

NZXT Phantom 630- Casing with extra 200mm fan

LG DVD drive

Asus VE-248H Monitor

Planned parts for this week- Gonna assemble by this saturday once everything's up!

Perhaps a new CPU cooler- Not sure which cooler is the best for raw performance cos im intending to O/C.

Any casing/cooler fans you guys can recommend for the best cooling performance? i don't really care about noise level.

Anyway, here are the pics. I'll probably update prior to saturday when i'll get all of the parts.

The Haswell Revolution:

20130602_203157.jpg

Z87 Plus 4770K.

20130602_203311.jpg

The Brothers in Arms

20130602_203444.jpg

And thier Domain

20130602_203519.jpg

Monitor and accessories

20130609005316.jpg

20130609005332.jpg

20130609005904.jpg

Nice work!

Gonna be a sweet build once it's done, keep us updated!

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Thanks guys! Will update when i get the remaining parts. Can't wait for saturday. using my old rig already seems like a chore. :(

HEY NICKY!. im moving back to singapore at the end of the year to server ns and i wanted to build a new computer. where did you buy your gear?

HEY NICKY!. im moving back to singapore at the end of the year to server ns and i wanted to build a new computer. where did you buy your gear?

I bought my parts at PC Themes @ Sim Lim Square.

ok cool thanks man! whats the range like? and pricing?

About 2.3k $SGD for my build. im still acquiring parts so that may not be the final tally.

Ahoy! fellow singaporean! nice build you got going there! 

Keyboards: Filco Majestouch 2 Browns(Everything),Razer Blackwidow Blues (Rarely)

Soon to come! ErgoDox Red\o/

well lookiing to be a nice build =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Just a little update!

Bought this for my cpu cooler and to replace my dead ssd from my old rig.. Can't wait for friday.

20130619_164359.jpg

well lookiing to be a nice build =D

Ahoy! fellow singaporean! nice build you got going there! 

Thanks! :)

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. Finally got around to it :)

The old rig. Transferring the hyper 212 evo and some HDDs for the LGA 1150 intel stock cooler. Strange that after that, it refused to boot -_-. Not even entering bios at all. Motherboard's final indignity? IMG_2074.jpg

What's a revolution without ingredients?

IMG_2075.jpg

Side casing don. Removing it to access and install the 200mm fan

IMG_2077.jpg

Had a problem over here. The corsair fan extended too much and was clashing with the ram. Had to remove a stick and will deal with it later

What can i do?

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

The Z87's bigger bro..

IMG_2083.jpg

Meet the Slightan, cut down of the Titan

IMG_2084.jpg

Perfection? i can't think of anything else but two of these monsters, But sadly its brother has to wait..

IMG_2085.jpg

Nvidia's reminder

IMG_2086.jpg

The coat of armor

IMG_2088.jpg

780 horsepower?

IMG_2089.jpg

Green for go?

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

SSD, In before performance

IMG_2093.jpg

Phew. Time to take a break. Rest will be done tomorrow!

I must say I'm quite jealous of this build! Haha but it's looking nice man! Might I suggest saving a little more money and doing a custom open loop water cooling system for both your CPU and GPU? That would be AWESOME!

Awesome build, you're pretty much using all the parts I would use If I had the money. 

But I don't get all the hype about the NZXT cases, their fugly imho. But to each his own! 

Can't wait for the finished build, maybe you're even going to be one of the BOTW :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I must say I'm quite jealous of this build! Haha but it's looking nice man! Might I suggest saving a little more money and doing a custom open loop water cooling system for both your CPU and GPU? That would be AWESOME!

Thanks! how much would a water cooling setup cost? been looking into the possibility though. but we'll see how well i can go on this chip first :)

Awesome build, you're pretty much using all the parts I would use If I had the money. 

But I don't get all the hype about the NZXT cases, their fugly imho. But to each his own! 

Can't wait for the finished build, maybe you're even going to be one of the BOTW :)

Thanks! Well i sort of fell in love with it as soon as i saw that white casing. Its really cool looking.. I'll probably add a full side window after everything's done but i dont know where to look for it.

Thanks! Well i sort of fell in love with it as soon as i saw that white casing. Its really cool looking.. I'll probably add a full side window after everything's done but i dont know where to look for it.

I'd definitely stick to the regular window, I've yet to see a window mod from someone that didn't look like it was done by an amateur, no offense. If you want to try it, go ahead, but I would do it. Especially with so little space for error. If you mess it up you either have to get a new side panel or it just looks ugly. :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'd definitely stick to the regular window, I've yet to see a window mod from someone that didn't look like it was done by an amateur, no offense. If you want to try it, go ahead, but I would do it. Especially with so little space for error. If you mess it up you either have to get a new side panel or it just looks ugly. :D

Oh i see... i might probably stick to the original window then. Thanks!

Thanks! how much would a water cooling setup cost? been looking into the possibility though. but we'll see how well i can go on this chip first :)

Well it could be quite expensive, depending on the quality of the parts you got. Try checking out www.frozencpu.com. That's where I got my liquid cooling parts. No matter the price, you'd see quite a performance boost from your 780 (GPU boost 2.0 boosts clock speeds up nicely when water cooled) as well as from your cpu. It would also give you more headroom for overclocking. Not to mention how sexy custom loops look when done right! You should look into it, it won't be a waste of money!

This is real nice!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

nice job man love it !

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)