The Haswell Revolution.[Waiting for second GPU]

NickyVida

Thanks! how much would a water cooling setup cost? been looking into the possibility though. but we'll see how well i can go on this chip first 

If i were you, I'd start out with this ----->http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16893/ex-wat-221/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RX240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c83s137

it basically has everything you need. it is CPU only, but you can easily add a gpu block in the future. That said, if you do cool your gpu, you might want to get at least another 240 rad. Oh, and  the only thing that kit does not include is coolant. I'd recommend you use distilled water, and put the additives included in the kit into the water. One thing that i would buy if i had another $20 or so is colored tubing(your choice of color), since the tubing included is clear, and with colorless water seems kinda boring. And then later on, you can even add some UV lights to make it look awesome

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

About the issue with your RAM, Just remove the heatspreaders. They aren't needed, as the RAM will never get hot enough.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

About the issue with your RAM, Just remove the heatspreaders. They aren't needed, as the RAM will never get hot enough.

How do i remove the heatspreaders? O.o.

If i were you, I'd start out with this ----->http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16893/ex-wat-221/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RX240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c83s137

it basically has everything you need. it is CPU only, but you can easily add a gpu block in the future. That said, if you do cool your gpu, you might want to get at least another 240 rad. Oh, and  the only thing that kit does not include is coolant. I'd recommend you use distilled water, and put the additives included in the kit into the water. One thing that i would buy if i had another $20 or so is colored tubing(your choice of color), since the tubing included is clear, and with colorless water seems kinda boring. And then later on, you can even add some UV lights to make it look awesome

Thanks! i'll probably look into it once i've reached my air cooling limit on OCing.

nice job man love it !

This is real nice!

Will be updating tonight hopefully. Still left, the HDD, RAMs PSU and the monitor. And we'

re ready to go.

How do i remove the heatspreaders? O.o.

Google it! Theres loads of tutorials on how to do it.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

Back to work.

Installing HDD and SSD.

IMG_2097.jpg

Installing the PSU..

IMG_2098.jpg

Done.. Now to fire her up..

IMG_2102.jpg

And.. It lives!

IMG_2101.jpg

White..

IMG_2103.jpg

It's green and its all systems go.

IMG_2104.jpg

Red for Danger?

IMG_2105.jpg

White..

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2108.jpg

Google it! Theres loads of tutorials on how to do it.

i see. but dont really wanna void the warranty. i'll think i'll stay with just 2 sticks.. :)

This build has too many colors. Also sloppy WM.

Regarding the RAM, can't you put the SP120 a bit higher?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Regarding the RAM, can't you put the SP120 a bit higher?

May try it later.  for now im still checking if everything's working

My first time assembling a com if you've not noticed. :rolleyes:

looks nice for a first timer but i dont realy get the colors gold green white and red? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Nice hating, now get out.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Nice hating, now get out.

It's not hating, it's an opinion. If you were living in 2013 like the rest of us you would understand that.

It's not hating, it's an opinion. If you were living in 2013 like the rest of us you would understand that.

You come here with 3 posts, all of them hating and you have the courage to speak up to me? 

You come here with 3 posts, all of them hating and you have the courage to speak up to me?

FINISH HIM!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'd definitely stick to the regular window, I've yet to see a window mod from someone that didn't look like it was done by an amateur, no offense. If you want to try it, go ahead, but I would do it. Especially with so little space for error. If you mess it up you either have to get a new side panel or it just looks ugly. :D

guess you've never looking in the right place =D

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

you have no vision

great build btw.. I was looking at that mobo last night, thinking about getting it

This is a great build :D Even though there are a tons of colors going on in there, you managed to make it look great :D Good job!

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

1 - 0 for basic Math. I know you are the most feared guy inside your room but please, if you don't like my comments just ignore them.

1 - 0 for basic Math. I know you are the most feared guy inside your room but please, if you don't like my comments just ignore them.

Dude, shut the fuck up. The guy is doing a build for his first time, so act like a human being should and support the man. He obviously cares alot about this. Imagine if you had to save up for a year to build a computer, and it was for the first time. I think this man has the BALLS for doing this as a first build. I would shit my pants if that was my first build.