Wifi Inquiries

flatline

Hi,

Im new to this forum but has already been registered for sometime now. I am creating this thread because I have some questions/inquiries about wifi. 

1. I have just purchased a wireless router TP Link Archer C2 AC750 which is broadcasting both 2.5 and 5ghz signals. I am planning to purchase a wireless repeater/extender (TP Link 300Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender) I am curious as to the wireless extender if it would be extending both the frequencies available or just the 2.5ghz? 

2. Is the range of 5ghz really that short? I mean when I am connected to the 5ghz band and just get out of the room I will be instantly switched to the 2.5ghz band? not 5 feet away from the router. 

3. Is it really a good idea to purchase the extender or just move the router itself? Note: when moving the router i would need to drill holes at the door just to get the ethernet cable to pass. 

Thanks for your help! :)

Im sorry i didnt check that there was a dedicated section for networking. please mod if you can, move it to the correct section. thank you! :)

Actually its a good idea to move the router. A Wi-Fi extender really decreases your speed. Only use the repeater if you have no other choice

5Ghz's range for me is around the same as the 2.4Ghz band

As for weather both frequencies would be extended, it depends on the extender

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB