best gamepad?

callmecars

I just want to know what you guys think is the best gamepad to use for games that would (arguably) play better with one.

off the top of my head I just think of razer sabertooth, xbox one controller, ps4 controller, and maybe the other ones by logitech that I don't remember...

I personally find the xbox form factor controllers to be more for 3rd person view games, while the ps4 controllers to be for fighting games (of course this topic doesn't cover arcade stick style controllers)

so if you do give a nomination for which is the best then please give some justification to your choice (it's good to compare also why this is better than that)

sorry if this is by chance an old topic already...

the PS4. it's wierd to have my thumbs in different locations and the size feels right

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

i use this one..

http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-Wired-Controller-Xbox-360-Blue/dp/B00EZKNT18/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

Windows automatically picks it up and its good to go.

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

Xbox 360 controller or GameCube controller.

Big enough, nice placement of buttons

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

the PS4. it's wierd to have my thumbs in different locations and the size feels right

This. The PS4 pad is great and with any of the countless Xinput wrappers it works exactly like an Xbox 360 pad (= compatibility across the board). You also have another advantage for older games as well, you can actually rebind right and left trigger as buttons (Xbox 360 pad only sees them as analog inputs, the vanilla PS4 pad sees them as both). That actually made DmC 3 more enjoyable on PC, for example. The touchpad is also nice, especially if you're not in front of your PC, and the whole thing works via bluetooth without any problems. Not to mention that the D-pad is way better compared to the 360 pad.

This. The PS4 pad is great and with any of the countless Xinput wrappers it works exactly like an Xbox 360 pad (= compatibility across the board). You also have another advantage for older games as well, you can actually rebind right and left trigger as buttons (Xbox 360 pad only sees them as analog inputs, the vanilla PS4 pad sees them as both). That actually made DmC 3 more enjoyable on PC, for example. The touchpad is also nice, especially if you're not in front of your PC, and the whole thing works via bluetooth without any problems. Not to mention that the D-pad is way better compared to the 360 pad.

this +1

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

a strong argument indeed for the PS4 pad, but isn't it unfair to compare it with an Xbox 360 pad? how well does it fare against an Xbox One pad?

xbox 1 pad is only a slight improvement over the 360 version while the PS4 pad is better than the Xbox 1 especially the buttons about the triggers are pretty badly designed as my fingers are long and find them very hard to press.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

a strong argument indeed for the PS4 pad, but isn't it unfair to compare it with an Xbox 360 pad? how well does it fare against an Xbox One pad?

The Xbox one controller is very similar to the 360 controller, and the directional pad on it is still really mushy (which is a total dealbreaker for me). That's about it, I would either get the 360 pad (it is quite a bit cheaper than the DS4) or the DualShock 4. Both are fine, I really prefer my PS4 pad though.

I used to use a 360 controller until I bought the DS4. Could never go back to the 360 controller.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

• 7 months later...
I think the 360 controller is the best choice, it´s cheap and supports wireless conectivity on pc´s.

Whatever you decide though, under no circumstaces use the RAZER SABERTOOTH!

I bought one and the left Analogue Stick was dead after 5 Months, this would be not such a big Problem, if Razer had not flinched out of its responsibility to repair that thing.

As far as I´ve read, this is not the first time they act like that.

Bad Quality equipment, and bad service....

PS4 for sure. Not only is it pretty damn comfortable, but also the options you get with DS4Windows or InputMapper give it much more functionality than any other controller out there. Fully remappable buttons, profiles with auto-switching, a remote fully functional multitouch pad with programmable gestures and whatnot (pretty handy as a remote), macros, you name it. Oh, and you don't need to get shitty proprietary dongles to get it to work wirelessly since it's on bluetooth 2.1.

Well let's just put it this way... on PC, the X360 controller is still better than the Xbone's, simply because it's more comfortable. Functionality-wise, they're both the same, so yeah. If DS4 > X360 pad, then the same goes to the Xbone pad.

The PS4 or Xbox One controllers are really nice, you can use the PS4 controller wirelessly already with your PC(you still need the Ds4 driver though...), and xbox one will get a usb dongle this fall.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress