(UK) legendary CPU for £130

Jumper118

Is that CPU cooler any good and would it work on a Z97 motherboard?

I'm pretty tempted by it as my 4670k has only the stock intel cooler.

Is that CPU cooler any good and would it work on a Z97 motherboard?

I'm pretty tempted by it as my 4670k has only the stock intel cooler.

If it supports LGA 1155 it'll support LGA 1150

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The 2500k is 15% slower than the 4670k,on synthetic benchmarks, on most games they are the simila. Also the 2500k overclock better, if you are building a budget pc and are willing to buy used parts this is a good deal.

If you are in a budget m.2 and sata express support are not really your priorities.

Ah yes, my first love. But no one makes Z77 motherboards anymore and if there are any, they're probably fucking expensive.

tl;dr 2500k fucks like a beast, but despite how cheap it is, it will probably be quite expensive to buy Z77.

Here I am, still with my 2500K and my z77 feeling old.

If you can get them at a nice price, their a good deal, but the Motherboard,... bought new/refurb'd or as a replacement (if at any time is needed) that's gonna cost you some cash,..for a real nice one over an average one.

Better newer boards are out with more features, so I sold my 2600K (for a nice price) and bought into a new platform, which handily beats my older system in all things bar one.

And yeah you'd need Sandy clocked to 4.8-5.2Ghz to match a current gen Haswell refresh CPU @up to 4.6+Ghz, at least thats what experience leads me to believe without reading into it.

My Multithreading went down by a few percent (saving a 30-60s maybe per hour of video encoding), Singlethreaded went higher by a few more percent, adding extra Gaming performance, AverageFPS and MIN-FPS and about the same in Windows responsiveness

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz