Noise isolating headset for general uses in 100$ range ?

fl0

Hi,

I'm looking for headphones with a good noise isolation, so probably closed back headphones, are they that bad for gaming ?

Requirements:

- Good isolation !

- Not too bassy or weird 'gaming' response, even if I want to use for gaming I also want t watch series or listen to music

Mic is a bonus so if you have an idea of good headphones meeting this requirements go ahead :)

Fot now I have these few ideas: Kingston Hyper X Cloud, Steelseries 5Hv3 and siberia v2. Which do you think is best ?

ATH-M40X, was looking at these for myself.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

If someone could rank them by isolation it would be great because reviews always say "it has a good isolation"/"it has a bad isolation"  but never relative to each other  :(

Thanks for the idea, some people seems to think it's bad for gaming, any one ?

What is your priority, sound quality or noise isolation?

If you REALLY want noise isolation, then Noise cancelling is obviously your best bet.

The ATH M40x's and the headphones you listed all have decent noise isolation. They're about the same, but ATH M40x's probably have the best sound out of the bunch.

I would recommend the Steelseries 9H. Great sound, extremely comfortable (The pads are like pillows on your head, but very little clamping force), and it has a retractable mic, noise isolation is probably around the same as other regular closed-back headphones at this price point.

Thanks for the answer.

I don't think there is any noise cancelling possible in my price range.

Do you think 9H increased price is justified ?

So there's probably no real difference in noise isolation between this headsets.

As a little aside do you think iems could provide way better noise isolation without degrading the sound quality too much ?

IEMs will provide better noise isolation for sure as you stick them in your ears.

Sound quality will be better if you can get a good fit (A good fit is extremely crucial to get a good sound)

But they will have a lesser soundstage so games that need pinpointing (like fps) will not be as good.

Steelseries 9H is around 100 bucks on Amazon and they sound fantastic for the price. They are comfortable, have a good mic, have good sound quality, good isolation  and they have software for Dolby 7.1 Surround, EQ, mic settings etc. if that's something you want.

I think I will go for the 9H steelseries.

Thanks every one for your help.

EDIT: After using them them for a few weeks here is a review :

They sound good, the connectors seems not so good at first glance but they are.

Dolby works only with the steelseries engine I thought the sound card did it.

The noise isolation is ok for closed back headphones but  just enough to let you concentrate on your work no more.