Feedback on elementary os

Hello I found this alternative os to windows but I don't know how it is?

Any members use it and care to give any feedback on how they like or dislike it if they use it.  

http://elementaryos.org/  (luna)

Also I am thinking of using this as my main OS until windows 10 comes out and then run a dual boot system.

Another linux.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Elementary OS is great Mac like OS... runs well on low power systems, doesn't use much RAM, has all the software you need for day to day use and is pleasing to look at.

There was an iSwitched thread for it some time ago. More opinions there :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

There was an iSwitched thread for it some time ago. More opinions there :)

have a link to it on my phone 

Elementary OS is great Mac like OS... runs well on low power systems, doesn't use much RAM, has all the software you need for day to day use and is pleasing to look at.

Oh well I'm building a kind of higher end build though, its the one down there (future pc)

Elementary os looks nice. I want to love it but for some reason I never could.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Hey have you still used it from then and for what if you dont mind saying a few things more.

Nah I only really did it for a month and I I could say I said in that iSwitched. The only thing I can recommend is waiting for the Freya release which is going to be a large improvement over Luna. So far Freya is in Beta 1 stage so it shouldn't be too long since it is released. I will say some time Q1 maybe Q2 next year. Main reason why I didn't bother with it after the month is games compatibility. If the games support was the same as on Windows then I may have switched completely.

Oh well I'm building a kind of higher end build though, its the one down there (future pc)

That doesn't mean it won't run flawlessly on a high end PC. :)

Luna or the newer version Freya are great for beginners who are new to Linux. If you want to unlock the full capabilities of your PC's hardware, you might want to look at Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS or some of their light weight versions like Lubuntu and Xubuntu.

Nah I only really did it for a month and I I could say I said in that iSwitched. The only thing I can recommend is waiting for the Freya release which is going to be a large improvement over Luna. So far Freya is in Beta 1 stage so it shouldn't be too long since it is released. I will say some time Q1 maybe Q2 next year. Main reason why I didn't bother with it after the month is games compatibility. If the games support was the same as on Windows then I may have switched completely.

Damn, my new pc was going to be for a quarter gaming and by the time freya gets released my pc will be finished already, I really am getting tired of windows direction and I am not installing osx at all.

That doesn't mean it won't run flawlessly on a high end PC. :)

Luna or the newer version Freya are great for beginners who are new to Linux. If you want to unlock the full capabilities of your PC's hardware, you might want to look at Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS or some of their light weight versions like Lubuntu and Xubuntu.

Which one would you recommend?  I am a beginner but I pick up and learn things fast

Which one would you recommend?  I am a beginner but I pick up and learn things fast

Ubuntu for ease of use, Fedora for productivity, CentOS for getting a Linux as close to RHEL and lots of productivity, Gentoo and Arch for learning Linux, Mageia for bragging and Kali to be "pseudo hacker" xD

Ubuntu for ease of use, Fedora for productivity, CentOS for getting a Linux as close to RHEL and lots of productivity, Gentoo and Arch for learning Linux, Mageia for bragging and Kali to be "pseudo hacker" xD

pseudo hacker what lol

I might go for CentOS then