IEM's or Headphones?

Now that Christmas and Channukah are here and I have some money to waste, I was thinking of spending a good bit of what I got on some quality headphones.  I was originally going to go with the V-Moda m100's, but then I started hearing how good some Shure IEM's are.  After doing some research, I read that it was better to dish out some extra cash and buy the SE535's.  I like those because of how they fit in the ear, especially how the wire goes on top of the ear.  I sold an old camera I had for 400, got 60 for an old RC toy, and have 600 lying around, so around 1000 total saved, but I only want to spend half of it.  Do you think it is worth it to get the IEM's instead of the headphones?  Are the IEM's I chose a good choice?  If I do get the IEM's, would they fit in my ears since they are pretty small?  Thanks in advanced for the feedback.

I can't wear IEM's for long periods of time or I can't afford good enough ones, but I think headphones are better for sitting at your PC.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Shure provides several different ear tips size and type; foam & silicon, small to large. The foam tips are definitely much more comfortable to wear even for a longer periods. I have the 215 and I wear them to sleep. You wont even noticed it's there. 

I am going to be using these alot in public places, taking them to and from school on the bus, in the car, in class.  They would be replacing my Beats Solo's which I got a few years back, and I am so excited to see the difference in sound. 

Also, what is the main difference between the 425 and the 525?  is it worth the extra money?

Dude, for $500 you can get some custom IEMs. Those'll fit nicer than any universal.

I know I can do that, but personally I would rather just get some universal.  Even though the fit is better, which makes the sound isolation alot better, I just don't have the time to go and get my ears fit, and I would rather not do them myself.  I don't want weird goop stuck in my ears.  Also, don't think my parents would really understand the concept and purpose of them.

Innerfidelity recommends SE535 or 1964 ear V3 which is a CIEM. If you have difficult times fitting with IEMs, i would recommend going custom and grab 1964 ears v3. 

Personally, CIEM > Universal IEM in terms of comfort and isolation

I know I can do that, but personally I would rather just get some universal.  Even though the fit is better, which makes the sound isolation alot better, I just don't have the time to go and get my ears fit, and I would rather not do them myself.  I don't want weird goop stuck in my ears.  Also, don't think my parents would really understand the concept and purpose of them.

I think anyone spending anything over a couple hundred on universals has lost a little perspective, unless they're insanely rich or already have a lot of headphone/IEM experience and know exactly what they want. That said, do with your money what you want.

I think anyone spending anything over a couple hundred on universals has lost a little perspective, unless they're insanely rich or already have a lot of headphone/IEM experience and know exactly what they want. That said, do with your money what you want.

Im not saying that I would rather have a universal than a custom, but my parents would never in a million years understand why I would need custom's.  So, I have tried convincing myself that I don't need customs, and that universals would be fine.

Well, if you're stuck with universal, your choices are SE535, westone 4R, UE900. All of them should fantastic sounding IEM, just different in terms of sound signature. So what kind of music do you listen to and do you want a warm (slightly bassy) or neutral sounding IEM ?

so smart

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Well, if you're stuck with universal, your choices are SE535, westone 4R, UE900. All of them should fantastic sounding IEM, just different in terms of sound signature. So what kind of music do you listen to and do you want a warm (slightly bassy) or neutral sounding IEM ?

I listen to rock with lots of guitar, so bands like Led Zeppelin or any other classic rock band, Foo Fighters, etc.