R9 290X or GTX 970 they both have the same price,...

enRodjavel

Heya All! and thx for the all the help and insight I might get! Both cards cost the same where i Live right now. 

So to my "conundrum?", I really dont know what GPU of these two to get, cause I like what they both have to offer and the styling of both cards.

So what I would like to know is what are your thoughts and Opinions on these two cards;

R9 290X Asus Rog matrix

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121883&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

GTX 970 Zotac AMP! omega

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500363&cm_re=zotac_amp_omega-_-14-500-363-_-Product

And Why You think I should buy "it".

thx for all the help

/best regards from me 

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Heya All! and thx for the all the help and insight I might get!

So to my "conundrum?", I really dont know what GPU of these two to get, cause I like what they both have to offer and the styling of both cards.

So what I would like to know is what are your thoughts and Opinions on these two cards;

R9 290X Asus Rog matrix

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121883&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

GTX 970 Zotac AMP! omega

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500363&cm_re=zotac_amp_omega-_-14-500-363-_-Product

And Why You think I should buy "it".

thx for all the help

/best regards from me 

The 970 is 50$ cheaper so i don't know about them having the same price Lol. I like the 970 better since it's run cooler use less power and a bit faster .I recommend the strix or the g1 model of the 970 both of them have great extra feature

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

The 970 is 50$ cheaper so i don't know about them having the same price Lol. I like the 970 better since it's run cooler use less power i recommend the strix or the g1 model of the 970 both of them have great extra feature

where I live ofc missed that,. xD

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

300W TDP (290X) vs 145W TDP (970) that's why.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

well if the TDP doesnt matter?

970 is still better less heat out put and a bit better performance.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

the gtx 970 and 290x are similiar in pefermance, with an edge for the gtx 970. the gtx 970 also runs cooler and uses less tdp.

get the 970 

I would say 970+OC for stock GTX 980 performance. 

Hi.

Provided you live in a world where it doesn't matter, because it does. Less heat = less cooling needed = less power consumption = more efficient components = better overclocking headroom.

Check out the game benchmarks in this review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/7

The  GTX 970 is also ahead in fps. You also get all the latest Nvidia features. If you want to go AMD you should probably wait for the next gen GPU's to be released. 

970 is still better less heat out put and a bit better performance.

the gtx 970 and 290x are similiar in pefermance, with an edge for the gtx 970. the gtx 970 also runs cooler and uses less tdp.

get the 970 

I would say 970+OC for stock GTX 980 performance. 

So Runs cooler and draws less power, Well then sounds like Im getting a GTX970 for christmas =D

Provided you live in a world where it doesn't matter, because it does. Less heat = less cooling needed = less power consumption = more efficient components = better overclocking headroom.

Check out the game benchmarks in this review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/7

The  GTX 970 is also ahead in fps. 

Oh right Anandtech has a review,. how did i miss that =D thx m8

So Runs cooler and draws less power, Well then sounds like Im getting a GTX970 for christmas =D

will be a happy cool and quite cristmas for sure then

Easy decision since the 970 is cheaper.

290x is probably only a bit faster at high resolutions or AA settings. 970 also takes less power (although it's not an issue for you).

Get the 970.

id got with the 970, at the moment i really struggle to find a reason for the 290 series of gpus

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good choice  ^_^ .

Hi.

Between those 2 cards, the Zotac is much better pick.

Stop trolling. 

Power_w_600.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

For the same price, get the 290x, it's a bit faster if I recall correctly. But if it's more expensive get the 970. If you care a lot about power consumption also get the 970. Temperatures are irrelevant, the 290x is designed to run hotter, it won't affect its longevity.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Between those 2 cards, the Zotac is much better pick.

Stop trolling. 

Power_w_600.png

How exactly am I trolling? 388 > 354

Temperatures are irrelevant, the 290x is designed to run hotter, it won't affect its longevity.

He is considering the ROG 290x. It will not run hot like the stock cooler.

But regardless he should get the 970 since it's $50 cheaper.

He is considering the ROG 290x. It will not run hot like the stock cooler.

But regardless he should get the 970 since it's $50 cheaper.

Yes, that was my point, temperatures won't really be a problem. I considere the ttitle to be true, I honestly didn't bother to check ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Honestly either or will be fine, you'll still be set for a few good years (one can hope) and as you'll have over 2gb vram either way you won't need to worry about higher detailed games anytime soon! Personally I'd get the 970 for the lower power consumption, 4gb vram and cuda cores but that's coming from a 3d modeller/renderer and gamer. It's all to preferences and what you plan to do with it :P just gaming AMD, anything else like graphics, rendering, physics then Nvidia. I only got Nvidia for the cuda cores no other reason. Hoping for a 970 myself at some point soon

ROG 290X matrix is crap. it overheats like crazy.

Msi 290X lightning

Sapphire 290X Vapor X

Is where its at.

Elrick benchmarks showed me that the Msi 290X lightning wins 8 out of 10 times.

I wouldn't touch an Asus AMD card with a barge pole.

Honestly, a Tri-x/Vapour-x (sapphire), or a PCS+ (PowerColour) at a cheaper price than a 970 then yes, I'd go for it, but not Asus.

Go for the 970, you'll have fewer problems.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Go for the 970, you'll have fewer problems.

Stop spewing that bullshit, they both have their fair share of issues.

OP, if you don't care about the extra power/heat and you're gaming at 4k, get the 290x. It stomps the 970 in a lot of games at 4k. If you're gaming under 4k and or want lower heat/power consumption, get the 970; it beats out the 290x at lower resolutions.

RIP in pepperonis m8s