Motion graphics / Light gaming bulid (advice/help)

gndf5000

Hello everyone!

My 5 year old Toshiba laptop had been serving me well, but I've come to the point that I have to get a more powerful desktop PC. I have been learning Adobe After effects for some time and I feel Iike I'm not able to further improve my skills because I can't use some of the plugins and everything is just way too slow with a bit more complex projects. I will be using After effects, Illustrator, Premiere and a little bit of Cinema4D. I'm trying to balance it out so that I can also do some gaming, so I'm asking you guys for help since this is my first time building a pc. I usually play indie games, CS:GO and World of Tanks(but I do plan on playing Witcher 3 and GTA5). Those games should run easily with entry level gaming GPUs, but I'm not sure if investing into a better GPU would benefit me too much with Adobe software.

I live in Europe (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and components here are much more expensive than in US and some other countries. My budget it around 1500-1600$(including a monitor).

Here is the build that I'm thinking about(I have a lot of doubts). I'm also looking at power consumption of all components because I don't want much bigger electrical bills:

CPU:i7 4770k (Is it worth it upgrading to 4790k or a more expensive 6 core processor?) ($381.45). I am also sticking with stock cooler for now since I don't plan on overclocking right away.

GPU: This is a big problem. At first I wanted a Gigabyte gtx 970 but then I realised it would be overkill since I don't plan on playing too many newer games (except a few) and Adobe software doesn't use GPU and cuda cores too much except for raytrace rendering. But still, It's a really cool GPU and probably wouldn't require and upgrade for a long time. But it's so damn expensive here (~500$ I don't know if it's worth the investment) I am thinking about Gigabyte 750 ti ($200) and Gigabyte gtx 760 ($280).   

Motherboard:2 options: LGA1150 Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H ($140) or Gigabyte-Z97-HD3 2.0 (92$)

RAM: 2x 8GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz (16 gigs of ram is a minimum for me and I also have 2 slots for maybe another 16 gigs in the future) ($203)

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (I have a external HDD for now) ($100)

PSU: I don't know a lot about PSU efficiency and quality but I'm trying to lower the power consumption as much as possible. I chose 600W Cooler Master B Series (I know it's not too good but this retailer doesn't have too many PSUs in stock) ($76)

Case: Fractal design refine r4 window ($146)

Should everything work well in 1080p (1440p is not in my mind right now)? I will also be buying a Monitor (Asus VX239H). With one of the cheaper GPUs everything fits into my budget.

Possible upgrades: 90% sure that I will be getting a second monitor in the future; maybe another 16 gigs of RAM; CPU cooler for overclocking;

It's a tough decision for me :S HELP and thanks to everyone who wasted their time reading this  :)

OK, I will not recommend Radeon because its not meant for editing....

But isint the GTX 970 like $300? You can get premium ones for $320....

Also ditch gigabyte and go with ASUS or ASrock because they offer better reliability and man oh man gigabyte support answers in 5 days.....

The i7 does NOT come with a stock cooler, you gotta buy another one.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I would recommend, since you are going into media production, giving monetary priority to the parts in this order:

1. CPU (definitely go for an Intel i7 here)

2. RAM (First capacity, then speed, but don't go too low)

3. PSU (this guy could kill everything on your pc if you go cheap here)

4. GPU (since you want to do gaming at 1080P, I would recommend GTX 760, it can run almost any game at ultra 50+ FPS)

Correction, the i7 DOES come with a stock cooler and pre-applied thermal paste. However it is not worth using for long as you will not be able to overclock on it and make use of the unlocked cores.

Rather than the GTX 760, I would recommend the R9 285 as it has been shown to achieve higher FPS in many games. However you should certainty consider an OC version of the GTX 760 such as the Twin Frozr.

Orr wait for the GTX 960 to be released in January.

Rather than the GTX 760, I would recommend the R9 285 as it has been shown to achieve higher FPS in many games. However you should certainty consider an OC version of the GTX 760 such as the Twin Frozr.

Orr wait for the GTX 960 to be released in January.

I am not a fan of R9 cards since they heat more and are more power hungry.. I was thinking about Gigabyte gtx 760 2gb. I could wait for 960 but I don't know when it will be available in my country.

I own an MSI 2GB GTX 760 Twin Frozr. I am able to max out almost any game at 1080p as long as I turn down AA a little and still get 40fps, not to mention the fact that the card remains almost silent.

Note: If you buy a GTX 760 there is no real point in buying a Core i7 series CPU, that is unless you plan to upgrade your GPU in the near future. However I'd still recommend saving money and getting an i5 such as the 4590k.

It's up to you If you want to wait for the 960. The 900 series (980 and 970) have been shown to greatly out-perform their 700 series counterparts.

You seem concerned about electricity usage, a major selling point of the new 900 series Maxwell architecture is that they use considerably less power.

Hope this helps :)