LG G3 or Note 4

HellaflushMcSwaggins

So in 4 months(just before Easter) I am getting a new phone, but I am not sure which one to choose. I am caught between the LG G3 and the Note 4.

Why I like the G3:

-The power/volume buttons are on the back

-Laser autofocus for the camera

-Stock rom customizability similar to Cyanogenmod

-Gets Lollipop update sooner than the Note 4

-IPS+ display

-Wireless charging

Why I like the Note 4:

-Optical image stabilization 

-"S pen" stylus

-better multitasking

-aluminum sides

-Adreno 420 GPU(#blaze)

-Better Photoshop Touch support(you can use the stylus to use the selection tools)

-Looks better in frost white

-For the first time ever, I can say that touchwiz is not terrible :)

Please do not mention the HTC One M8, I just don't like it that much, the camera isn't as good and I find its back  a bit slippery

The only drawback of the note 4 is the size.What should I go for?(note that I probably will keep it until summer 2016, hopefully)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Note 4 - 

assuming money is no issue.

otherwise the lg g3 is not bad.

Also oneplus one also offering purchase without invite system for a few days. 

"(note that I probably will keep it until summer 2016, hopefully)" what if you get the lg g3? /s

The note 4 is better in many ways, but is pretty bulky. The lg g3 has OIS as well fyi. It depends on what you use your phone for, the note is slightly better for productivity and has a MUCH better display, but is really big, even compared to the lg g3. I would make cardboard (or other material) rectangles shaped like the note and feel if the note is too big.

I think by then the G4 or whatever may be released so it may be worth waiting before making your decision. Personally I'd go with the Note4. No large screen device has the software that can actually make good use of the size other than the Note lineup. Unfortunately it comes bundled with the rest of Samsung's shit.

"(note that I probably will keep it until summer 2016, hopefully)" what if you get the lg g3? /s

The note 4 is better in many ways, but is pretty bulky. The lg g3 has OIS as well fyi. It depends on what you use your phone for, the note is slightly better for productivity and has a MUCH better display, but is really big, even compared to the lg g3. I would make cardboard (or other material) rectangles shaped like the note and feel if the note is too big.

Note 4 isn't bulky - it's actually marginally thinner than the G3 (by a tiny, unnoticeable margin). It's just taller and wider but it also has a bigger screen.

I have tried both in showrooms and I like the build quality of the Note, but I am more worried about the corners, as I have seen many Note 3's with damaged corners(example: my classmate's second Note 3)...The OPO is also not an option since they don't ship in my country, but I've seen some for sale second hand(imported, probably bought from OppoStyle) and it would be pretty hard to sell as pretty much no one knows about the brand(just like Oppo)

I have tried both in showrooms and I like the build quality of the Note, but I am more worried about the corners, as I have seen many Note 3's with damaged corners(example: my classmate's second Note 3)...The OPO is also not an option since they don't ship in my country, but I've seen some for sale second hand(imported, probably bought from OppoStyle) and it would be pretty hard to sell as pretty much no one knows about the brand(just like Oppo)

My old phone was the Note2 and the only damage it got was when I dropped it on the road. It's all about how you take care of the device.

Note 4 isn't bulky - it's actually marginally thinner than the G3 (by a tiny, unnoticeable margin). It's just taller and wider but it also has a bigger screen.

I know, but it has a bigger screen and also bigger bezels so it is much harder to hold.

Unfortunately it comes bundled with the rest of Samsung's shit.

That is the exact reason why the only samsung phone I have ever owned was the Galaxy Mini and since then I hated that brand(that was until the galaxy alpha and note 4 were announced)

I know, but it has a bigger screen and also bigger bezels so it is much harder to hold.

Meh. With the exception of its chin the G3 has pretty good bezels but the Note 4 isn't really a slouch in the slim bezel department either.

That is the exact reason why the only samsung phone I have ever owned was the Galaxy Mini and since then I hated that brand(that was until the galaxy alpha and note 4 were announced)

Don't take my word on this but you may still get the drivers for the spen if you flash CM on the Note4. I flashed my Note2 and the spen still works. You just lose all of Samsung's software though I think there's an app that can get you the them or something..?

IMO get the G3. I have one myself and I absolutely love it. Even LG's Optimus UI is good now. Buuuut I still use a custom ROM, because I prefer the stock Android experience. 

COMIC SANS

In four months all of the new phones will be out/being released, you should definitely wait if you want the best of the best. Otherwise... I'd get the Note 4. The Note has the best internals available, and it makes use of the spacious screen better than anyone else by far. But, it does come with the rest of TouchWiz's lag... it isn't that bad, but if you're nitpicky, it'll probably bug you. Not sure if you can, but I own the OnePlus One and I absolutely love it :) On Antutu benchmark it scores RIGHT below the Note. It's a lot cheaper and IMO a lot better... just my own opinion. But between the LG G3 and the Note 4, I'd get a Note 4. But, if you wait, you can get the LG G4, which will most likely come out or be out around Easter time. 

-From the desk of Moose-

I think the real question is, G4, S6 or M9, because all the new phones will be out by then

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I think the note 4 is is a better choice than g3. I decided to get the note 4 because the build quality is nice for once and feels good in the hand. The screen is also more vibrant, however you can turn it down if you don't like it. Fast charging is another thing that I benefit from quite often. As bad as touchwiz is, I still think its better than the UI LG installs on their phones. I previously had the original optimus g and the ui was everywhere.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

The note 4 and the LG G3 both have the same camera acutally. So image stabilization is about the same. Samsung just brags more. 

I would scratch both and get the Xperia Z3 because speakers on the back and plastic is not premium. And the Z3s camera beats both. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The note 4 and the LG G3 both have the same camera acutally. So image stabilization is about the same. Samsung just brags more. 

I would scratch both and get the Xperia Z3 because speakers on the back and plastic is not premium. And the Z3s camera beats both. 

Yeah, but Sony's UI is horrible and I don't need front facing speakers since I only use headphones on my devices :)

Yeah, but Sony's UI is horrible and I don't need front facing speakers since I only use headphones on my devices :)

Sony has basically stock android. If you have seen the latest KitKat version. It is the least intensive.

They changed the background color of the settings menu. And some of the stock apps. 

They added their own media players (Of which you can not use) and then got rid of the What's New thing. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz