GTX 960

Tetters

So, still no concrete news that I can find yet. Rumours still abound of an official announcement at CES, which would make sense, so fingers crossed we get to hear more about the release date and pricing points. There's lots of speculation on these two points, I cant wait to find out what the reality will be. My GTX 650ti Boost has done a better job than expected but its the weak point in my build and I cant wait to upgrade it to something more powerful thats in my current price range.

Has anyone come across more specific information?

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

From what I've read, the GTX 960 should have been out months ago, but something about the 970 and 980 selling well and lack of supply. Can't confirm, but a company milking a hot product isn't unusual. :P

So, still no concrete news that I can find yet. Rumours still abound of an official announcement at CES, which would make sense, so fingers crossed we get to hear more about the release date and pricing points. There's lots of speculation on these two points, I cant wait to find out what the reality will be. My GTX 650ti Boost has done a better job than expected but its the weak point in my build and I cant wait to upgrade it to something more powerful thats in my current price range.

Has anyone come across more specific information?

Till now it's still a rumor 

CSGO FOR KNIFE!

Is it normal that the GTX x60 Version gets released later than the GTX x70 and GTX x80 versions? I cant remember how it was handeled in the past (GTX 260, 460, 560...) but it seems weird to have such a delay between cards of the same series...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

There are rumors (rumours -_-) that it will come out in January.

Rumors.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Is it normal that the GTX x60 Version gets released later than the GTX x70 and GTX x80 versions? I cant remember how it was handeled in the past (GTX 260, 460, 560...) but it seems weird to have such a delay between cards of the same series...

Yes, always.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

They are waiting for AMD to play out their cards so they can whoop em in price/performance

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Given the success of the Maxwell chip, it makes sense for Nvidia to hold off on the release and keep people buying the 970s and 980s. As soon as AMD have a response to it, or announce they do, Nvidia could flood it out with the 960 release - whammo

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

I want them NOW! I need to cram 3 of them in sli in my system and hopefully for less then $600 

Is it pretty likely that the price and performance will be the same as the 760 was relative to the 780 and 770, just relative to the 970 and 980.

They are waiting for AMD to play out their cards so they can whoop em in price/performance

I don't think so. Because in that case the 960 is the card that they needed to release quickly in the midrange. With the 750ti and 760 losing compared to AMD midrange cards and the 770 running out of memmory in modern games.

They actually didn't need to release the more expensive cards since the 780 and 780ti were already doing very well.

But they released the 970 and 980, while we are still waiting for 960 :(

Is it pretty likely that the price and performance will be the same as the 760 was relative to the 780 and 770, just relative to the 970 and 980.

I would agree but only time will tell, I should be getting one before they are launched so it will be really interesting to see how they perform.

Honestly, tech rumours can vary so wildly that at this point I pretty much take everything I hear with a grain of salt until the product is actually released.

Honestly, tech rumours can vary so wildly that at this point I pretty much take everything I hear with a grain of salt until the product is actually released.

Totally agree, the final product and sales timelines could be rather different from what we expect/are hoping for.

I heard rumors saying the GTX 960 won't be a gm204 chip, but a gm206. it'll perform more or less like a gtx 770 with 2gb of vram