Controller for PC

Xanokei

For the asus Controller from google play store I was wondering if anyone has bought one, and if they could tell me if it has rumble/vibration on it

For the asus Controller from google play store I was wondering if anyone has bought one, and if they could tell me if it has rumble/vibration on it

Just use a xbox 360 controller.

Indeed @Xanokei why not just use an XBox 360 controller? They're pretty much both the most widely supported, and hands down one of the best controller pads you can get on a PC (Or console).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

why do they sell a windows specific 360 controller if the xbox 360 ones just fine? Had to ask, I never used a gamepad on pc. 

I use a Wii U Pro controller because:

1. I like indie platformers, a good d-pad is important

2. I've been 50:50 PC/Nintendo since before XBox was even a thing, I don't care what they say X is up the top. And knowing where the buttons are quickly is essential given how modern games seem to love quicktime events.

but if you're not into 2D retro platformers as much as I am and don't have a particular non-XBox layout stuck into your brain? The 360 controller is best. Hell I even have my Wii U controller setup with an adapter that makes my PC think it's a 360 controller.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I don't like the 360's D-pad and positioning of the analog sticks. The PS3 controller could be an option.

Don't like the d-pad either. Problem is that not every game works with the ps3 controller. Atleast I had several issues (used motionjoy). 

The 360 is for me the best solution even though the d-pad isn't the best. But I can't recall a game where I had to use it for a crucial part of the controls such as movement.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

The Ps3 Controller is something that I'm more used to, and I have an xbox one controller for the PC; I was more curious about the asus gamepad thats all thought someone may tell me more about it haha, but oh well

Get a PS4 controller if you're going to moan about D-Pad, it's far better than the PS3 controller, and there's a simple piece of software that makes your PC think it's a 360 controller (so all the UI changes as though it were 360 controller).

I may be alone in this, but I prefer the Xbone controller for it's better D-pad. 2D platformer type games are the sort of thing I'd use a controller for on PC in the first place.

Grab an xbox one controller and a usb to mini cable, I have been using the xbox 360 controller for windows since it came out and it broke on me a last month after all those years of use. So I decided to try the xbox one controller out and it's great, exact same pc support but just overall a better controller they fixed all the problems with the 360 controller including the d-pad.

why do they sell a windows specific 360 controller if the xbox 360 ones just fine? Had to ask, I never used a gamepad on pc. 

They do it because they can charge more and they like to think PC players are too dense to realize a standard 360 wired controller would work.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Two reasons:

1. Marketing. If you can "sell" something as different, then the less informed consumer will buy a Windows one, rather then use their pre-existing 360 one, despite them being the same

2. Wireless 360 pads require a USB adapter (It's basically a short-range wireless transceiver). The "Windows" branded ones are generally wired USB variants. Although they are still identical to a normal wired 360 controller.

I don't like the 360's D-pad and positioning of the analog sticks. The PS3 controller could be an option.

Personally, I HATE the positioning of the PS dual-shock analog sticks. Most especially the left thumb stick. On the PS2/PS3/PS4 it's way too low, and feels incredibly uncomfortable and unnatural. The 360 pad always just felt so much more natural in my hands. Obviously this will be different for everyone though.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Err I own an xbox One Controller I just thought it would be nice to have a layout similar to PS3/ps4

Logitech 710 maybe?

What is a Logitech "710"?

Had no issues using a ps3 controller, ps4 controller, 360 controller or a xbone controller.  Currently I use the xbone controller.

Err I own an xbox One Controller I just thought it would be nice to have a layout similar to PS3/ps4

Then use a ps3/ps4 controller. Just need to install some software first but both controller will work.

the software wise on the Ps3/ps4 controller isn't that great, and it can cause crashes on some games like Dark Souls 2 or even Resident Evil games

What is a Logitech "710"?

Wireless Gamepad F710

wireless-gamepad-f710feature-image.png

Operating System Software / Apps Required Connectivity Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
  • Logitech Gaming Software
  •  
  • 2.4 GHz
  • Up to 10 m or 33 ft

• Height:75 mm
  • Width:142 mm
  • Depth:98 mm
  • Weight:285 g
  • Power:Replaceable
  • Model Number:C-U0003; G-R0001

PS Is this enough?

Wireless Gamepad F710

wireless-gamepad-f710feature-image.png

Operating System Software / Apps Required Connectivity Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
  • Logitech Gaming Software
  •  
  • 2.4 GHz
  • Up to 10 m or 33 ft

• Height:75 mm
  • Width:142 mm
  • Depth:98 mm
  • Weight:285 g
  • Power:Replaceable
  • Model Number:C-U0003; G-R0001

PS Is this enough?

lol well my point was you should be specific. Logitech "710" was meaningless when they have three products called 710. G710, G710+, and F710. (To be fair, only one is a controller, but I'd never heard of the F710 anyway).

As others have said get a Xbox 360 (wireless) or a Xbox One/360 wired as most games have their buttons mapped to tutorials/hints. PS controllers are Bluetooth I think so if your MB has that or you have a dongle they will work. I know the Wii U one works with a dongle. 

If you want the 360 wireless to work get this. That is the official one from MS. Others can be a pain to install or are just plain cheap. 

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2

Xbox One wireless does not work on PC for "reasons". Also you can turn rumble off to save battery life, but yes the rumble works on the Xbox controllers.  

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.