Am I the only one who doesn't trust AIOs?

Spev

Just wondering. There are so many sketch reviews, failures, and even reports of leaks.

I was looking at the Nepton 240l, it seems like the pump isn't crammed into such a small space it might actually be decent..

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

The odds of an AIO failing in such a way that it takes other components with it is very small. Even if it fails the brand of the AIO is required to compensate for all damaged components I believe (I know corsair does)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Just wondering. There are so many sketch reviews, failures, and even reports of leaks.

Same here, I don't like that you cannot add stuff to it. 

Although I am pretty sure there is one that you can extend, I think maybe switftech. Cannot remember of the top of my head. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

You mean all-in-one coolers like the H100i?

Never had any issues with them :)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

The odds of an AIO failing in such a way that it takes other components with it is very small. Even if it fails the brand of the AIO is required to compensate for all damaged components I believe (I know corsair does)

Not what I've heard. I've heard they often don't. 

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

i'm running a 120xl on a g3258. it has been running 24/7 for about a month. i don't see a problem. 

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Although I am pretty sure there is one that you can extend, I think maybe switftech. Cannot remember of the top of my head. 

Yeah, Swiftech. Other companies are also following their example now.

Not what I've heard. I've heard they often don't. 

I've seen it happen in person, corsair just sent the exact same components that broke in 100% new condition.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I've thought about AIO PCs for some reason.

OT: I trust AIOs. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I've seen it happen in person, corsair just sent the exact same components that broke in 100% new condition.

I think I will want to confirm with support or something. Not that I don't believe you I'm just paranoid af. I have talked to a few memebers on this forum who has leaks with their AIOs. Plus there are so many bad reviews. Yes there are good ones too but you know...yeah most ppl will probably say that's because more people post reviews when they have a bad experience. But it still makes me feel uncomfortable. This was another reason I was gonna do a custom loop because I trust my fittings when I do them myself. Never had a single leak on any fitting I set up.

90 1 star ratings on Amazon...

I think I will want to confirm with support or something. Not that I don't believe you I'm just paranoid af. I have talked to a few memebers on this forum who has leaks with their AIOs. Plus there are so many bad reviews. Yes there are good ones too but you know...yeah most ppl will probably say that's because more people post reviews when they have a bad experience. But it still makes me feel uncomfortable. This was another reason I was gonna do a custom loop because I trust my fittings when I do them myself. Never had a single leak on any fitting I set up.

It will be more fun :) and satisfying to do so, and you won't be limited to just cpu.

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

It will be more fun :) and satisfying to do so, and you won't be limited to just cpu.

I decided not to (for now) because I didn't feel like spending 600 dollars on it. That was gonna be my cost.

I decided not to (for now) because I didn't feel like spending 600 dollars on it. That was gonna be my cost.

Ahh Fair, what did you have planned? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I find AIO visually not really pleasing but with facemans guide you get out pretty cheap compared to a custom loop.

I'd simply go with an AIO from a company that replaces your components if they fail.

For me even the huge costs are worth it to go the pricey custom route. It helps that i see watercooling as a hobby and thus dont mind spending a lot of time and money with it xD

Reliabilitywise you have to look at it this way as well:

AIO cooling solutions are very much mainstream by now and the number of sold and used units is huge, thus it becomes very much more likely to read of an AIO failing than a custom loop.

D5's and DDC can fail as well and if you are not running a dual pump loop there is always that single point of failure AIO or not. AIO give you an advantage for that even because they give you a guarantee and replace your parts on failure. No one will do that witha  custom loop.

In the end you have to know what you want.

Ahh Fair, what did you have planned? 

XSPC Raystorm CPU block, EK GPU block for my GTX 970 (due to be released in Janurary), Swiftech MCP655 speed controller pump, EK x3 150 reservoir, primochill xlr (xl something idk lol) either clear or blue tubing, bitspower compression fittings, two alphacool rads xt45, 240mm and 360mm. I'm probably forgetting something too. Anyways I decided 600+ dollars was too much money JUST for water cooling. I decided I would be much better off going SLI or something and getting more performance.

also the Glacer 240 you can expand it 

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

There is no such policy to replace components. It is done by a case by case basis. However if Corsair deem the AIO cooler damaged components, they replace them.
I imagine they don't have a set in stone policy to protect them from people claiming wrong claims.

I would worry more about PSU's than AIO coolers.
AIO could leak and damage some parts, If the PSU becomes defective you could lose nearly almost all components.

If you are worried about water, check out phase change cooling. It has definitely become more popular in the last few years.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

it's not that I don't trust them, I just don't like them anymore since the moment I got my H100i. I find that the value is not good compared to high-end air cooling.

Yes, all in all, it makes for a "cleaner" build because an aircooler is always in the middle of your build, and takes a lot of space, but I don't really mind the looks of it. They are more quiet for almost the same performance (and I use noctuas for my H100i).

I was looking at the Nepton 240l, it seems like the pump isn't crammed into such a small space it might actually be decent..

No I don't trust them because I keep seeing people say the following "Just grabbed a bargain on a refurbished AIO" not to mention I've seen some horrible failures with mixed metals and all sorts. Cheap parts = cheap results.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

No you are not and i also don't like the fact that if one part of the AIO goes bad i nee to send the whole thing back and be without one.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It is kind of a drag that the vast majority are not expandable, but for the price they do a very good job. In short, I do trust them, I use an H110 in my machine. No worries at all about it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Nah, I've had an AIO fail, it was a revered Swiftech H220. Not to say I don't trust them, but they do fail, just like regular pumps and all the such.

There is no such policy to replace components. It is done by a case by case basis. However if Corsair deem the AIO cooler damaged components, they replace them.

I imagine they don't have a set in stone policy to protect them from people claiming wrong claims.

I would worry more about PSU's than AIO coolers.

AIO could leak and damage some parts, If the PSU becomes defective you could lose nearly almost all components.

If you are worried about water, check out phase change cooling. It has definitely become more popular in the last few years.

Yep, that's what I thought. It's on a case by case basic, which is understandable so people don't buy an AIO and try to get their whole system replaced LOL. Even though I wouldn't do this (considering I just built a new PC....) I like guarantees when it comes to warranties. "Well most likely if we deem it fit" doesn't seem good enough for me to risk my own system even if it is a low % of failures. Even with the majority running strong, most AIOs still have some terrible reviews. Whether it be pump noise, failures, leaks, or other issues. I just with Noctua would make some non shitty looking coolers.

My mobo is plasti diped so even if water did spill on it, its water proof  B)

I've been really happy with my Swiftech H240x. My H100i was strictly ok. Noisy and didn't do a great job of keeping things as cool as I'd like, though I am overclocked.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC