Gigabyte R9-280x oc windforce issues

Go to solution Solved by -CLASSIFIED-,

i gave up , bought a new computer and my card works good now , i think my mobo was dying.

ok so here goes , as of recently i got a new graphics card to replace my old failing one , i decided on a gigabyte R9-280x at the time because it was on sale. so i get it home and take it out and admire its gloriousness remove my old and hd 7950 , and slap in the new r9-280x.

this is things get a bit odd , all appeared to be going good until i started to benchmark the card un-overclocked , it would just start to ramp up and kill my whole computer 

so far I've determined that its not overheating (idles at about 35-40c , peak temp while under average gaming load was 76c), and its got plenty of juice (825w psu) 

this issue seems to randomly occur only when I'm gaming , sometimes it'll be going for several hours no problem , then other times its crashing every 10-20 min of gaming 

any suggestions for what may be causing this? or how i could fix this weird problem?

thx in advance guys and gals 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

What drivers are you using? Are you just re-using the old drivers?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

fresh install of and catalyst version 14.9 , and gigabyte oc guru version 1.74 , graphics card vbios version f60 

and i should also probably say I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64bit , and the graphics card is the second revision ( http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4845#ov

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

i gave up , bought a new computer and my card works good now , i think my mobo was dying.

Spoiler
Spoiler