A dark theme for LinusTechTips

I have made a second version of the theme where i have removed the width restrictions. Link below  :)

http://userstyles.org/styles/89142/without-width-dark-theme-for-linustechtips

What exactly is the difference? I fail to see it :s

Thanks a bunch! I like dark theme websites, easier to browse for a longer period of time. 

What exactly is the difference? I fail to see it :s

The theme without width restriction has the same width of the classes/divs on LinusTechTips (which i believe is auto), while the theme with width has a width of 1200px :P

Might I suggest a post_block background value of 1a1a1a or 2a2a2a instead of 101010 ? It makes it bit "softer" ;)

Yeah, i have changed it in the next update to #1a1a1a but i also changed the .row2 to #404040. :D

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

The theme without width restriction has the same width of the classes/divs on LinusTechTips (which i believe is auto), while the theme with width has a width of 1200px :P

Yeah, i have changed it in the next update to #1a1a1a but i also changed the .row2 to #404040. :D

Aha, laptop mode is available now :p

404040 is indeed better, I see. Doing a great job! :)

Working on the profiles, coming in the next update :D (Not finished yet!)

linus_sneek_prof.jpg

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

I have updated both themes!

*Themed the profile page + many small improvements, enjoy :)

Theme with width restrictions

Theme witOUT width restrictions

:rolleyes: :ph34r: I think some of the smileys are borked ..idk and..

Grey text in a white reply box is sucks.

I'm liking the theme though, keep updating.

Using it right now, its awesome!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Newest one Theme witOUT width restrictions

Is really nice, fixed all the niggles I had.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Dude, I have been exploring other 'stylish' website thanks to you, but none of them are as good as your work on LTT...

If you have the time and are willing to put in the effort, I would cheer you on to do a darkened version of facebook, twitter, google, wikipedia, youtube (the current dark one out ther is half decent so that comes last).

Basically, please, darkify my internet :p

Love your work dude!

PS: yeah, you read it right, I'll be your personal cheerleader! ;)

Looks awesome man!

also dis:

Just noticed you can't see what you're writing in the editor anymore XD

Might be something you want to put on your to-do list ;)

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I dont know if this is possible to fix, but some signatures that are in black writing are completely eligible. 

Great job!

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

Yeah, not being able to see your text in the editor is a bit of a issue

For a small workaround you could change the color of the text while typing, and change it back to black when you are done

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I can see text in the editor just fine?

:huh:

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I can see text in the editor just fine?

:huh:

For me the background is using the same color as the text, a bit lighter than black.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Just noticed you can't see what you're writing in the editor anymore XD

Might be something you want to put on your to-do list ;)

Yeah, not being able to see your text in the editor is a bit of a issue

For a small workaround you could change the color of the text while typing, and change it back to black when you are done

The problem is only on FireFox, but i have fixed it. Just update the theme :)

The problem is only on FireFox, but i havet fix it. Just update your the me :)

Thank you, could you fix the without width version too?

Thank you, could you fix the without width version too?

It should already been fixed :P

It should already been fixed :P

It should, but it is not.

It should, but it is not.

Oh sorry. I have fixed it and tested it on FireFox :)

I have updated the theme with some minor tweaks. I have also put black text shadow on the front page (see the image below). Let me know what you think and if i should that apply that on more text :)

linus_text_shadow.jpg

Well done, love it.   Anyone know if there is a way to view all messages in a thread on a single page?