A good cpu cooler under 30$ ?

nhatduy1611
Go to solution Solved by DIV1D3,

In where i live i can't even find any Dark rock cpu cooler =|  lol i guess they aren't popular around here so i just gonna go with the hyper 212 instead 

The Hyper 212 EVO is pretty popular because of it's super low price with really good temps. So if you aren't able to get the the Shadow Rock Slim, than it'd probably be your best bet. 

Right now I'm still using the stock intel cooler that came with my i5 4440 and it does it job but sometime it is a bit too loud for me so i'm thinking about getting a cpu cooler. I'm thinking about getting the the Corsair Sp 120 but can't decide if the quiet or the performance edition is better. Also is this a good choice or are there better cpu cooler out there in this price point ?

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

INB4 212 EVO

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

^ lol Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

INB4 212 EVO

I know about the 212 evo but in where i live the 212 is twice the price of the sp 120 sadly and i can't really spend that much on a cpu cooler.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I know about the 212 evo but in where i live the 212 is twice the price of the sp 120 sadly and i can't really spend that much on a cpu cooler.

The Corsair SP120 is a fan, not a CPU heatsink. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

You're all wrong,

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/265071-newegg-be-quiet-shadow-rock-slim-2999-ends-1213/

Shadow Rock Slim

Performs around the same as a U12S

Just going off my understanding that by popular belief the 212 EVO is the undoubted champion, which supposedly is quite outdated. 

The Corsair SP120 is a fan, not a CPU heatsink. 

Oh i see my bad i'm pretty new about this i guess i just save my money until i can get the hyper 212 

Oh i see my bad i'm pretty new about this i guess i just save my money until i can get the hyper 212 

Ehhh, the Shadow Rock Slim is worth a look at as suggested by @RevoltTrain and @Bubblewhale.

Edit:

Yeah I think the Shadow Rock Slim is a better choice, a few degrees cooler than the 212 EVO, all the while smaller, and quieter (it's a be quite! product, what do you expect). AND the fans run at a lower RPM. 

-derp-

So supposedly I found a Dark Rock 2 review instead of a Shadow Rock Slim...

Ehhh, the Shadow Rock Slim is worth a look at as suggested by @RevoltTrain and @Bubblewhale.

Edit:

Yeah I think the Shadow Rock Slim is a better choice, a few degrees cooler than the 212 EVO, all the while smaller, and quieter (it's a be quite! product, what do you expect). AND the fans run at a lower RPM. 

-derp-

So supposedly I found a Dark Rock 2 review instead of a Shadow Rock Slim...

In where i live i can't even find any Dark rock cpu cooler =|  lol i guess they aren't popular around here so i just gonna go with the hyper 212 instead 

The Hyper 212 EVO is pretty popular because of it's super low price with really good temps. So if you aren't able to get the the Shadow Rock Slim, than it'd probably be your best bet.