is this armaggeddon 500w a good power supply ?

steve123

well as the topic suggest is this power supply good ?

i love computers ! :p

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

I definitely disagree with that. The CX series is a very solid platform for its cost

Well I know from experience that them two PSUs are great and both come with 3 years of warranty, the one you mentioned costs an extra $15 for warranty, and the Corsair and EVGA are both Bronze Certified so I don't see how you could get any better

It doesn't have any 80+ Certifications and it's a brand name I have never heard of so personally I would not suggest this but other opinions may differ. You could pay the extra and get one of these:

EVGA 500W 80 Plus Certified

Corsair CX500 80+ Bronze

EVA 500w 80+ Bronze Certified 

I definitely disagree with that. The CX series is a very solid platform for its cost

if tht is the case then i will go for the corsair cx500 bronze.Now i have to find someone who sells it in my country :P thx for your help guys !

Well I know from experience that them two PSUs are great and both come with 3 years of warranty, the one you mentioned costs an extra $15 for warranty, and the Corsair and EVGA are both Bronze Certified so I don't see how you could get any better

Please stop spreading misleading information. The Neo ECO is based on the same platform as the Seasonic S12II, which is much more solid then the CWT platform of the Corsair CX, or the HEC platform of the EVGA 500B.

"Rawr XD"

if tht is the case then i will go for the corsair cx500 bronze.Now i have to find someone who sells it in my country :P thx for your help guys !

I hope you realize that they are wrong in saying the CX is the better PSU. Seasonic over CWT/HEC any day.

"Rawr XD"

Except when the Seasonic platform of the Antec is better.

If you're going to judge PSUs just because of their 80+ Certification, you shouldn't be providing advice on PSUs.

Again, Antec (Seasonic) > Corsair.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Please stop spreading misleading information. The Neo ECO is based on the same platform as the Seasonic S12II, which is much more solid then the CWT platform of the Corsair CX, or the HEC platform of the EVGA 500B.

Yes, I am aware that it is based on the same platform as the Seasonic S12II, but I have used the CX500 and EVGA 500B in builds and they've worked fine. I was simply giving my opinion on what he should get, at no point was I spreading misleading information, I was simply giving my opinion on the matter.

The Corsair CX, EVGA 500B, and Antec Neo Eco are all entry level PSUs. I would classified them within the same league, but the Antec NEO Eco is indeed the better unit - being based on the Seasonic S12II platform as stated, but unlike the other S12II-B variants where it uses 100% 105C Japanese caps, it uses a 85C Japanese Primary cap, and 105C Taiwanese caps.

Anyways, where are you buying from? What's your budget? What's the specification of your computer?

I'm not familiar with the Armaggeddon brand. Seeing how it is a brand from outside of the US, I can't say for sure if it is bad or not (Armaggeddon may very well be a brand in your country, just like Rosewill is to the US).

I hope you realize that they are wrong in saying the CX is the better PSU. Seasonic over CWT/HEC any day.

Except when the Seasonic platform of the Antec is better.

If you're going to judge PSUs just because of their 80+ Certification, you shouldn't be providing advice on PSUs.

Again, Antec (Seasonic) > Corsair.

Yes, I am aware that it is based on the same platform as the Seasonic S12II, but I have used the CX500 and EVGA 500B in builds and they've worked fine. I was simply giving my opinion on what he should get, at no point was I spreading misleading information, I was simply giving my opinion on the matter.

hmm how does the cooler master g650m 650w bronze fair ? my budget for my gaming computer is about rm2500 or 750$ so i jst want a power supply which does the job decently without getting destroyed.

The Corsair CX, EVGA 500B, and Antec Neo Eco are all entry level PSUs. I would classified them within the same league, but the Antec NEO Eco is indeed the better unit - being based on the Seasonic S12II platform as stated, but unlike the other S12II-B variants where it uses 100% 105C Japanese caps, it uses a 85C Japanese Primary cap, and 105C Taiwanese caps.

Anyways, where are you buying from? What's your budget? What's the specification of your computer?

I'm not familiar with the Armaggeddon brand. Seeing how it is a brand from outside of the US, I can't say for sure if it is bad or not (Armaggeddon may very well be a brand in your country, just like Rosewill is to the US).

my budget for the entire gaming pc is 750$ coming from malaysia.

hmm how does the cooler master g650m 650w bronze fair ? my budget for my gaming computer is about rm2500 or 750$ so i jst want a power supply which does the job decently without getting destroyed.

What other parts are you planning to put into the PC?

What other parts are you planning to put into the PC?

Ok writing it here

Graphics card: sapphire r9 280x trix

Power supply: ??????(maybe the cooler master g650m 650w bronze)

Motherboard:Gigabyte Motherboard AMD AM3+ GA-970A-DS3P

Cpu: Amd Fx6300

Storage: wd black sata1tb

Ram: Kingston hyperx 8gb

Case: Deepcool tesseract

my budget for the entire gaming pc is 750$ coming from malaysia.

I mean the budget for the PSU. Since I don't know your computer specs nor how much stuff cost in Malaysia, that $750 USD / 2600 MRY doesn't exactly help. Can you provide a link to the store you can buy from, so we know what is available to you?

The Cooler Master G650M is a CWT GPK unit, if I'm not mistaken. It's a decent unit that utilizes a DC-DC VRM on the secondary, which will allow it to have better voltage stability at a wider load range than the CX, EVGA B, and Neo Eco.

I mean the budget for the PSU. Since I don't know your computer specs nor how much stuff cost in Malaysia, that $750 USD / 2600 MRY doesn't exactly help. Can you provide a link to the store you can buy from, so we know what is available to you?

The Cooler Master G650M is a CWT GPK unit, if I'm not mistaken. It's a decent unit that utilizes a DC-DC VRM on the secondary, which will allow it to have better voltage stability at a wider load range than the CX, EVGA B, and Neo Eco.

sorry bout tht. my 1st time building and putting together a computer but i always wanted to do it so is the tht psu a decent one ?

the link:http://www.lelong.com.my/

sorry bout tht. my 1st time building and putting together a computer but i always wanted to do it so is the tht psu a decent one ?

the link:http://www.lelong.com.my/

Yeah, that PSU is decent. I would personally get a lower-wattage but higher quality unit for that system though.

The Seasonic S12G 550w is superior to everything thus far but lacks modularity: http://www.lelong.com.my/seasonic-power-supply-s12g-gold-550w-s12g-550-wectech-K1740523-2007-01-Sale-I.htm

It would be plenty to power your system.

There's also the Cooler Master V550 and Seasonic G 550w if you want modularity. It's a little over RM300

Yeah, that PSU is decent. I would personally get a lower-wattage but higher quality unit for that system though.

The Seasonic S12G 550w is superior to everything thus far but lacks modularity: http://www.lelong.com.my/seasonic-power-supply-s12g-gold-550w-s12g-550-wectech-K1740523-2007-01-Sale-I.htm

It would be plenty to power your system.

There's also the Cooler Master V550 and Seasonic G 550w if you want modularity. It's a little over RM300

Thank you so much :)

Based on the advice of you guys i this is my final build:

graphics card:r9 280x tri x

motherboard:amd am3 ga 970a Ds3p

apu:fx 6300 6 core black edition

ram:kingston hyperx 8gb ddr3

storage:wd black sata 1tb

case:deepcool tesseract black

psu:cooler master g650m 650w bronze

Based on the advice of you guys i this is my final build:

graphics card:r9 280x tri x

motherboard:amd am3 ga 970a Ds3p

apu:fx 6300 6 core black edition

ram:kingston hyperx 8gb ddr3

storage:wd black sata 1tb

case:deepcool tesseract black

psu:cooler master g650m 650w bronze

Looks good to me. I'd still go for the UD3P but the DS3P is adequate for FX6.

"Rawr XD"

In this case you are right, but as a broad generalization you are quite wrong. Some higher end HEC units sit in many European hospitals' life support systems. For a reason.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Looks good to me. I'd still go for the UD3P but the DS3P is adequate for FX6.

yeah got a seller for tht ud3p finnaly.Gonna use tht. thx for the advice

Hmm, don't want to sound like I'm preaching, but why Lelong.com?

Unless you're getting all items from the same vendor and combine shipping, shops in Bukit Jambul seems to sell stuff for about the same price anyway, plus, no need to wait for shipping trucks!

Hmm, don't want to sound like I'm preaching, but why Lelong.com?

Unless you're getting all items from the same vendor and combine shipping, shops in Bukit Jambul seems to sell stuff for about the same price anyway, plus, no need to wait for shipping trucks!

they do ! thing is their expensive t-t