Is there a way to limit access to only specific applications?

Meawa

Is there a way to limit access to on specific applications? Im trying to setup a user account that only has access to games. Is there a way to do this?

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

Can you change the access permissions on everything other than the games? Only thing I can think of without the need for addition programs (if there is something that can do that sort of thing)

I would think of 2 ways:

a ) secure your files with nfts permissions and set that new account as guest or at least not part of administrators group.

b ) using GPO (Group Policy Object) and use software restriction policies with hash rule.

But I would recommand (if possible) you separate your gaming pc from your work machine. Especially if you have kids and you don't want them to touch your work laptop i.e

So even if they mess around, it's just for gaming or entertainment anyway.

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90