7.1 virtual surround sound headset

brtmn0

Hello!

I really like surround sound headsets, my previous headset was the speedlink medusa 7.1 surround sound headset, and I really liked it, but over time, one of the drivers died on me, so, I'm looking for a replacement, what do you guys recommend? my budget is around 100 dollars / 100 euros. I'm current;y looking at the sennheiser 323d, sennheiser 333d and razer kraken 7.1 chroma.

NOOOOO DON'T GET A GAMING HEADSET!!! You should get sennheiser 518s and a zalman mic. I have the razer kraken pros, and they such ass, my review is in my signature.

7.1 headests are retarded

2 ears bruh

i use the audio technica ath-m50x with that mic adapter linus showed, i <3

NOOOOO DON'T GET A GAMING HEADSET!!! You should get sennheiser 518s and a zalman mic. I have the razer kraken pros, and they such ass, my review is in my signature

you can read about my onboard sound problems in one of my other treads, so I'm looking for a headset that preferably uses USB, and I think that the virtual surround on my previous headset was fun to use in games such as minecraft and battlefield, everyone that is saying that virtual surround is stupid have never tried it them self, the differences is noticeable, and sometimes can give you an adventage because you hear more clearly where the sound is coming from

7.1 surround is just software. Having a open headphone with a large sound stage will give you a greater sense of your surroundings. You only have two ears and when stereo sound is done properly it sounds like the real thing. I would recommend this http://www.amazon.ca/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8?tag=teksynd01-20 , however you may need to buy a mic to go with it if you want one.

This is all from my experience and research; I understand if you disagree. If you still have questions ask away.

you can read about my onboard sound problems in one of my other treads, so I'm looking for a headset that preferably uses USB, and I think that the virtual surround on my previous headset was fun to use in games such as minecraft and battlefield, everyone that is saying that virtual surround is stupid have never tried it them self, the differences is noticeable, and sometimes can give you an adventage because you hear more clearly where the sound is coming from

The problem is that you can get much better surround sound with proper headphones like the 518s I recommended. 

7.1 surround is just software. Having a open headphone with a large sound stage will give you a greater sense of your surroundings. You only have two ears and when stereo sound is done properly it sounds like the real thing. I would recommend this http://www.amazon.ca/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8?tag=teksynd01-20 , however you may need to buy a mic to go with it if you want one.

This is all from my experience and research; I understand if you disagree. If you still have questions ask away.

in my other tread you can read about my problems with my onboard audio on my new pc and that I'm not able to fix it, and I preferably don't want to take the pc a part,  because everything else is working fine. so I would prefer a headset that goes with usb, because most usb headsets have their own soundcard build in.

I have multiple 7.1 emulating devices and I NEVER NEVER NEVER use them. after using an open backed ad700 the sound and spacializing features of 7.1 virtualizers feels as artificial as Cheez whiz

in my other tread you can read about my problems with my onboard audio on my new pc and that I'm not able to fix it, and I preferably don't want to take the pc a part,  because everything else is working fine. so I would prefer a headset that goes with usb, because most usb headsets have their own soundcard build in.

In that case try these http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Surround-Sound-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00CQ35C1Q I have heard good things about them.

I have multiple 7.1 emulating devices and I NEVER NEVER NEVER use them. after using an open backed ad700 the sound and spacializing features of 7.1 virtualizers feels as artificial as Cheez whiz

you can read about my onboard sound problems in my other tread, and that only the onboard sound isn't working good, so I preferbly want an usb headset, because most usb headsets have their own soundcard build in. passingby my problems on my motherbard sound problem

I would not ever invest more than 30 dollars in gaming headset, their quality is just rubbish, I might consider the Superlux HD668B though but would rather get a decent open or closed headphone from an audiophile brand.

Case: CoolerMaster CM 690 II (ver.2) *** PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 700W *** CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad QX9650 3 Ghz 12 Mb L2 Cache *** MoBo: Asus Striker Formula II *** GPU: ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II *** RAM: 4x Corsair Dominator 1GB DDR2 RAM 1066MHz PC2-8500 240-Pin DIMM CMX21024-8500C5D *** HDDs: Corsair Force Gt 240Gb SSD & Western Digital 2TB Green SATA II HDD *** Creative SOUND BLASTER Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional PCIe *** Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Black *** Keyboard: Roccat Arvo *** LCD: LG M2380D

I would not recommend any gaming headsets but if you really want one, then maybe get a g430? I haven't had any problem with mine and it was on sale for like $20 off so I bought it.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack