sennheiser momentium over ear for gaming?

shermantanker
Go to solution Solved by Nup,

I think headphones with a large soud-stage are nicest for gaming (ie; open back design) 

However i hardly think the Momentum's will disappoint! Enjoy! xD

Just ordered the sennheiser momentium over ears for $229 on Amazon, and wanted to know if they would work for gaming well? I am currently using the Logitech g35's, but the sennheisers cost almost 3 times as much. The main thing I am not sure about is if the 7.1 virtual surround vs the stereo makes that much of a difference. Either way I can't wait for these guys to come in, and the reviews I found were just praise.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I think headphones with a large soud-stage are nicest for gaming (ie; open back design) 

However i hardly think the Momentum's will disappoint! Enjoy! xD

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

They will be just fine, not the best in soundstaging, but momentum does have a pretty decent sound stage

Not the best, but should be an upgrade over the G35. You can always download Razer Surround software if you want to try virtual surround on them.

Razer surround with the sennheiser?

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Not the best, but should be an upgrade over the G35. You can always download Razer Surround software if you want to try virtual surround on them.

Tried it out with my current sonys, and it works pretty well. Can't wait for my sennheisers to come tomorrow.

I had my momentums on my desk and ended up using them for Shadow of Mordor for a few hours. It sounded pretty good. I usually prefer something open if i'm doing any gaming though. 

I had my momentums on my desk and ended up using them for Shadow of Mordor for a few hours. It sounded pretty good. I usually prefer something open if i'm doing any gaming though. 

Yeah, I'll try them at for a while, and if they sure any better then my g35s (they will) i'll keep using them. I have never used open back for gaming, so I probably won't know what i'm missing. lol