Open case with external fan aimed at gpu/cpu roommate burning candles No Start Up next day

ripPCagh
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

Thanks for the reply. Do I leave all the motherboard connections plugged in? Leave everything but power plugged. In? Pretend I'm 5 and ur explaining it to me. Thanks :)

It should be fine leaving everything plugged in.

typing from mobile, please excuse formatting etc

So, my roomate caught some stuff on fire, it was very small and quickly put out (I need to move out).

I didn't notice last night but it looks like black soot got on my cables and inside my pc. The motherboard lights were on, I tried to power up and no picture. At first I thought it was my graphics card, unplugged pc and checked connections.

Coming to the realization of what happened with black crap all over my fingers I panicked. I checked motherboard connection and plugged power back in. Now no motherboard lights are on and still nothing when I press power on button.

Is my pc completely $&@#*%?

Windows's 7 64

Intel i3 2120

Msi GeForce GTX 550 Ti o/c

8gig ddr3

Corsair 430 Psu

Clean it up, some soot can jump electrical connections.

I'm a novice when it comes to computers. How would you suggest I do this

Use water.

jk use air blasters or dry cloths.

Microfiber cloth, air compressor.

Microfiber cloth, air compressor.

Thanks for the reply. Do I leave all the motherboard connections plugged in? Leave everything but power plugged. In? Pretend I'm 5 and ur explaining it to me. Thanks :)

It should be fine leaving everything plugged in.

just try to clean up as much as possible, especially those touching the silver silver bling bling connector and those that look like mini water towers on your board.

Case: Corsair Carbide 540 Air, CPU/MOBO : I5-4690K @4.4GHz (stable) on Kraken x61 AIO Cooler, MSI Gaming 9 AC, Ram : Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866, GPU : AMD R9-290 4GB Ref with G10 Kraken Bracket and x61 AIO Cooler, Storage : 2x Samsung 168GB SSD in Raid 0, 1x WD 4TB Black HDD, PSU : Seasonic Platinum 1200W

https://imageshack.com/i/exwScEj7j 

Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, Mouse : Razer Ouroboros, M/Pad : Razer Goliathus Control (Extended), Sound : Astro A40 Headset W/ MixAmp Pro / Harman Kardon 2.1 Soundstick III