Painting MSI gtx 970?

780blzit

Hiiiiiiiiii, so recently I got the MSI gtx 970, which is red and black and it doesn't really fit my color scheme in my pc(white and black). 

Anyone know if it's possible to paint the red part white? Do you think it'll look good? Do you know anyone that have done it before?

Thank you :)

It will look better because it will match you current color scheme. And IMO, it's easy. Remove the heatsink and paint whatever you want ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I think it'll look neat. But, you're voiding your warranty if you paint it.

Edit: use a spray can, not a brush.

I think it'll look neat. But, you're voiding your warranty if you paint it.

Edit: use a spray can, not a brush.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, even if it's just the shroud? :( not sure if it's worth it then :S

It will look better because it will match you current color scheme. And IMO, it's easy. Remove the heatsink and paint whatever you want ;)

yaaaaaaaa

MSI are terrible to deal with for service. basically anything more than a fingerprint on the card they will void your warranty. then rape your kids, then smash everybodys grandmas with shovels.

and from Linus to help painting other stuff

I hope this helps you! :)

Except Linus is being a perfect casual and using plastidip. For the job OP wants, imo plastidip might be a bit crap.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• 3 months later...

hey there, this is a video of disassemble of gtx970,  paint used is krylon dual paint+primer flat white.

really durable paint